Nice guy

By LucklessNiceGuy - 05/12/2011 07:22 - United States

Spicy
Today, I was fired from my job on account of "sexual harassment" toward female employees. The harassment? Jokingly offering them foot massages when they were complaining about how their feet ached after a long shift, and complimenting them about their appearance when they felt down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 650
You deserved it 45 227

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Angelice_fml 0

Ouch, I'm really sorry. ): People take things too far these days.

drawmesunshine 17

Perhaps the male employees felt left out. Maybe at your next job, you should compliment their looks and offer them foot rubs, too. Think of this as a learning experience.

Comments

The fact you put your name as "nice guy" let's us girls know everything about you.

This is what happens when you're nice to a girl who doesn't care anything about you. Most girls just think you want something from them when you are that nice.

It's probably Anita Sarkeesians's filthy claws infecting their brains with dumbfuck lies. Telling girls they look good is not harassment.

Comments on appearance when unwanted are textbook sexual harassment OP. Sorry. Clearly you didn't mean it that way, but lots of people who do try to pass offers of foot massages etc off as a joke and then build on it from there. Maybe the women in question had experienced that before and didn't realise that you never intended to take it further? Maybe you were just blind to the fact you were making them uncomfortable? Either way, I'm sorry but they reacted in the way any sane woman does in a world where victim shaming and rape culture are rife. As a general rule think 'would I say this to a male colleague?' If the answer is no, chances are it will be taken as sexual harassment.

Look I don't care what other people are saying you are being a nice guy and I respect that, sorry that happened to you

obviously you did this in a creepy way. ydi

you creeps always say you're joking. women are sick of the crap. ydi

Catto-Golden 23

Okay but both of those can be really ******* creepy, a lot of guys don't know the difference between compliments and perverted comments. Don't compliment their ******* appearance, show you apreciate them as a person. Also, calling yourself a nice guy? Big red flag.

Yeah, mate, that's sexual harassment. I love all the guys in here being like "ONLY BECAUSE YOU'RE UGLY," and I'm just sitting here being like, "man, dudes using their low self-esteem to say women having boundaries is a bad thing is a ******' trip." Wake the **** up and stop blaming women for you being an invasive creep. Rule of thumb; if it would feel awkward saying it to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, you shouldn't say it to women you're not in a relationship with.