By I_Lossed - 03/11/2009 11:02 - Australia

Today, I asked my girlfriend about a diamond necklace I bought her for her birthday, which she didn't seem to be wearing. She then told me she hocked it to pay for her inexpensive phone bill. I paid $1,500 for that necklace, she received $300 from the pawn shop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 511
You deserved it 4 777

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So go to the pawn shop, get it back & give it to someone who cares enough to keep it.

sammy_little 0

Run. My first wife pulled something like this just before she got pregnant (on purpose). I went into the marriage with no debt and money in the back and filed a joint bankrupcy for $200,000 about two years later. It is obvious she cannot handle her business and $1500 is a small price to pay to find this out.

Comments

Darling_Cherry 5

Your girlfriend is an idiot. I would never ever pawn a gift. Even if it was a shitty one that I didn't like or really needed the money.

Loving the idea of making her buy it back.

******* rich ******. Three hundred dollar phone bill is inexpensive? Getting some **** a 15 hundred dollar necklace? GTFO.

Ligerie 0

wow. why does op deserve to be cussed out because he is doing well for himself. And just to add he never said the phone bill was three hundred dollars, just that she got that much for the jewelry.

Darling_Cherry 5

Dear #46, I think you misread the post. The OP didn't say the phone bill was $300, he said the pawn shop gave his girlfriend $300 dollars for the necklace. For all we know, it took the OP a super duper long time to buy the necklace for his girlfriend.

hornetchik 0

#46 you're a dick. He obviously didn't think she was a 'nasty, idiotic and stupid girlfriend who doesn't care' when he bought her the necklace. He probably loved her or something, imagine that! If hes not loaded, then good on him for caring enough to save up and buy something nice for his girlfriend, shame shes a bit of a bitch...

tiara107 0
mikephillps 0
Carnivwhorus 0

She probably has a drug habit honestly. If her phone bill is inexpensive then its possible that she lied to cover the fact that she went and bought smack.

Diligent17 4

This is shows a good reason why it's not worth it at times to spend to much on someone your dating.

ydi for having a stupid girlfriend :P

If she cared about you this necklace would mean the world to her. She just does not give a crap. Dump her ass and get a new gf.