By Anonymous - 26/03/2009 07:06 - United States

Today, I got back from a 6 month deployment overseas. My girlfriend of 3 years couldn't pick me up from the airport because she had an intramural softball game to go to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 453
You deserved it 6 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

notfromearth7 0

Aw...that sucks. But at the same time, good to see you got back safely soldier *salutes*

lolyouareanidiot 0

lol, at #3. No one takes intramural sports seriously. Certainly no one considers it a responsibility to play intramural sports where half the people show up drunk. This was a burn big time. You should take as much offense to this as possible.

Comments

ActAppalled 0

wtf dude! that is about as low as someone could be. she is NOT worth your time dude. and thanks for all you do out there. 2 more years and im a marine!

people who say he deserves it are idiots. it's an INTRAMURAL softball game. for the of you who don't know what that is....IT DOESN'T COUNT ! there are no college scholarships riding on this game and she sure as hell is not getting paid to play in it. if my boyfriend was gone for 6 months fighting for our country, putting his life before ours, i would be at the airport to pick him up no matter what. if i had to go states away to pick him up i would, in 2 seconds. no matter how much she got "used to life" without him there, if she really does love him she would make him her first priority when he comes home for the first time. i would be at the airport days before waiting for him. i hate idiotic people- he is not "needy."

shadowcalling 0

whoever said he deserved this is a complete asshole

wiggleworm 0

Everyone saying he's not being understanding are complete idiots. You've never been in the situation so don't talk like you know what's going on. She choose sports over her boyfriend who's been gone for 6 months. And don't say it's his fault for being gone, if you don't know what you're getting into when you start a relationship with someone in the military then you're an idiot and if you can't handle it then get out of the relationship. My husband is in the Army. I'm sorry but when he's gone for 6 months I make a point to be there when he gets back. We've gone through 2 deployments and I still count down the days till he's back and I can see him agian. Yes you get into a new routine while he's gone but you stil make sure you see them when they're back!!!! He's not being a jerk, he's just upset his girlfriend wasn't excited to see him. Nothing wrong with that .AT ALL!!!

z_simon_44 0

Wow people are retarded.. Your in the army, dumb bitch should be able to take the time out of her busy life ( Intramural softball does not count as being busy) in order to pick up a true american hero from the airport. People take off work for this thing all the time, plus your intramural softball team doesn't want a selfish bitch on it. If you ever need a ride just give me a ring, but judging I don't know where you fly into i might need advanced notice.

obviously she doesn't care that much about you... i know that i sat around 3 hours waiting for my man to get off the boat...

blahnoopoo 0

Thank you for all the military S/O that helped me continue to stop these idiot comments.

squeaky_fml 0

oh whine whine so she's supposed to drop everything in her life so that she can pick you up from the airport? What's a couple more hours when it's been six months?