Bipartisan spirit

By NormtheNorm - 21/09/2019 15:00 - United States - Enterprise

Today, I told my conservative friends over dinner that I was a bit of a liberal. They then went off on me about how liberals are lazy, stupid, and a financial burden on society. I was the only employed person at the table with a college degree and not living with my parents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 380
You deserved it 373

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have no idea what tolerance means. Putting up with right-wing bullshit isn't tolerance, it's being a chump. The right-wing has always mocked and picked on progressives, liberals, etc. Well, we're hitting back now and we'll see how you bullies handle it. You're spineless cowards hiding behind the apron strings of demagogues.

Comments

You can't have conservative friends. It's getting hard to even be civil with those ***** anymore. I heard two guys talking shit about AOC the other day in the locker room and wanted to beat the shit out of them.

criticizing someone for being intolerant is fine but when you broad stroke assume everyone is that your literally no better lol. also holding children hostage and separate from their parents was a real scummy move from the right. kids, really?

You have no idea what tolerance means. Putting up with right-wing bullshit isn't tolerance, it's being a chump. The right-wing has always mocked and picked on progressives, liberals, etc. Well, we're hitting back now and we'll see how you bullies handle it. You're spineless cowards hiding behind the apron strings of demagogues.

So is it Republicans who have been driving people out of restaurants, spitting on them, throwing drinks on them? Is it Republicans who have been gathering in large, noisy mobs on peoples' lawns at night? Rioting and shutting down speakers on campuses? Closing down freeways? Firebombing ICE facilities? Tearing down American flags and replacing them with Mexican flags? Screaming at Senators in elevators? Interrupting Senate hearings with noisy demonstrations? Hitting people in the head with bike locks? Shooting up congressional baseball teams? Screaming at the President's daughter and grandchildren on a plane flight? Calling anyone they disagree with nazis, fascists, Hitler, and strings of obscenities? You have this one exactly backwards.

I'm going to shut this comment section down real quick if it turns down into a dick swinging match about which side is worse. Compare who has done the most good if you must. Be civil or it's closed. Thanks!

well I don't hate liberals but she is literally the dumbest bitch I have ever heard talk Bernie sanders, a few others are ok in my book they can have their opionions but she Is just retarded. who the **** says stop the cows from farting

Got a neighbor in his 90s, we were at lunch at an outdoor cafe (I take him once a month just because) he was wearing a flag T-Shirt, no slogans or logos, just the flag. Some teenage twat came up and called him a Nazi, he pointed at his concentration camp tattoo. She being educated in our wonderful public school system didn't know what it was so he explained it. Her reply "Oh you Jews deserved it for what you did to the Palestinians." it was at this point I stuck my fork up her nose until tears were running down her face while I took the time to explain a little bit of world history to her. The manager came out asking what was going on as we were a couple of his favorite regulars. After my explanation, he 86'd her permanently and told her "Go ahead, call the cops I'll tell them you assaulted a Holocaust survivor, let's see how well this goes for you Princess.

Traveling_Book 9

Why in the world would you think it’s a good idea to bring up your political beliefs knowing theirs is the opposite? Did you just want an argument?

it's sad to live in a country where you cant even mention what you believe. that should be addressed, silence shouldn't be answer

Conservatives have been doing this for decades, knowing that although liberals would have no compunctions about spouting their opinions, assuming that everyone either agreed with them or was beneath contempt anyway, if conservatives had the temerity to voice their opinions they risked being insulted, screamed at, cursed at, possibly even assaulted.

I’m a moderate conservative, I have an engineering degree and work at an engineering firm. However, I am afraid to voice my political opinions because of a vocal group of liberals at my work that loudly and very openly talk about how awesome liberal policies are and how bad conservative ones are. My boss is one of them. So I just don’t voice any political opinions one way or the other and I say I don’t think politics is an appropriate workplace topic.

And now you have another proof that you’re right. Either way they should respect your opinion. I would try to widen my circle of friends if I were you.

Why does any of that shit matter!? Pick better friends, conservative or liberal.

Right wingers are the biggest hypocrites on two legs (or on a Medicare-provided scooter while they rant about the govermnent wasting their hard-earned tax dollars).

You win - They are idiots. You need better friends.

>> I was the only employed person at the table with a college degree and not living with my parents. Point that out to them if this comes up again. And this is one example why religion and politics are just not good dinner conversation topics.