False pretenses

By Anonymous - 17/06/2009 17:15 - United States

Today, my friend told me that he was having a Scrabble tournament at his house with a bunch of our friends. I told my dad about the tournament and he gave me a special Scrabble dictionary to bring. Hesitantly, I brought the dictionary and as I walked in, everyone was playing beer pong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 452
You deserved it 12 997

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DreMaMa 0

Wow your dad sounds like a champ, having a "Special" scrabble dictionary. What a cool guy.

lmmmr 0

Scrabble sounds like more fun to me. Sorry, I mean, **** yah brah!

Comments

voveraite 7

What if OP is a teetotaler? You know, not everyone's idea of fun implies getting drunk. FYL, I'd leave the party if I were you....

Silly child, nobody between the ages of 17 and 32 plays scrabble sober. Beer pong is much better anyway. :]

Yatta_fml 0

Is this an FML because you weren't drunk yet? If I'd known the truth I would've been there sooner!

Yatta_fml 0

Oh yeah, and I really like Scrabble... I think the people that hate it can't spell/don't like using their brain. Either way, your low opinion of Scrabble doesn't make you look very smart or mature in my eyes.

#14 - words cannot describe how stupid you are

HAHAHAHAHAH, omgoodness, the people who mix up "there" with "their" and "your" for "you're" DRIVE ME UP THE WALL!

I'm thinking the OP is still in high school and his/her friends called it a scrabble tournament to fool the parentals, but since OP either doesn't know their friends all that well or is just clueless about today's youth... Actually thought it would be an innocent, alcohol free get-together. If this is the case, I think it's an FML for having underage friends who don't realize there are fun things to do in life without having to get shit-faced drunk. Personally, scrabble can be a lot of fun played with or without alcohol and with or without clothes. Who said being smart was a bad thing? Lmao. My only advice: drink responsibly or preferably wait until you turn at least 18.

Your dad has a Scrabble TWL, huh? Nice! Scrabble's a good game, shame on those friends for getting your hopes up. FYL. :-P

i agree. kids these days only drink to get drunk and lose control. it's ridiculous. they have no self respect and think it's cool to not be able to control what they're doing. civilized people drink alcohol with meals or in small amounts because they can control themselves. it's definitely not cool to get drunk, and this is coming from an 18 year old xD if i were the OP i'd leave or just not participate

TJStarzZ 8

Dude, I turn 17 in two days, and I Can tell at least 1/3 of the people here know nothing of which they're trying to type. "omg u didnt go play beer pong?!?!"; Seriously, maybe he actually likes to USE his brain, he's not a nerd in any kind of way. Even if he is, so what. Chances are, most of you who work have bosses or supervisors who are smarter than you, and you don't name-call them to their faces, do you? I actually appreciate this guy because this isn't one of the typical, "My boy/girlfriend did so-and-so" or "I forgot to wear underwear today" FML's.