Gamers CAN have a love life

By Anonymous - 04/03/2022 10:00

Today, my boyfriend dumped me because I was having an affair in The Elder Scrolls Online. While ranting to my online elf husband, he got upset that I had a real life boyfriend and dumped me too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 277
You deserved it 1 815

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honestly? Emotional affairs are a thing too, so I don’t blame your irl boyfriend for this, depending on what went down with the elf. And given that the elf got upset finding out you had a boyfriend, I’m going to go ahead and guess that yeah, he thought you were actually into him AND available too.

AzraelAngelus 15

Funniest FML I’ve ever read

Comments

AzraelAngelus 15

Funniest FML I’ve ever read

Honestly? Emotional affairs are a thing too, so I don’t blame your irl boyfriend for this, depending on what went down with the elf. And given that the elf got upset finding out you had a boyfriend, I’m going to go ahead and guess that yeah, he thought you were actually into him AND available too.

Marcella1016 31

Agreed with Anderling. I know a couple who met on World of Warcraft and went on to get married in real life. People laugh at the idea of these “weird” online gamer relationships, but in many cases, that shit’s real. Sounds like you may be in denial about what you were really doing. Search inside yourself and ask whether you were leading the guy on in Elder Scrolls. Shit can get really emotionally intense when you spend hours gaming with someone even if you’ve never met. And you were definitely emotionally cheating on your IRL boyfriend. I think deep down you probably realized what you were doing. If it’s important to you, try to reach out and reconcile. With either relationship. But keep in mind that yeah some people meet their souls mates online, and your night elf husband probably feels super important right now especially if you spend a lot of time in-game, but trust me - that shit is fleeting and will probably not be worth it in the long run. Or just accept you lost both of them, move on, and work on growing as a person, being more honest with yourself, and having more empathy for others. I’m sorry for your losses, and if it helps, just know that everything will get better with time. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Elder Scrolls is a community property virtual world, so your elf husband owes you half his gold, armor, dragon semen(ew!) and health points. Make sure to hire an ogre divorce lawyer to get you all you deserve!!!

elf was probably telling people in seriousness that you were his wife. some of these hardcore gamers can't differentiate between reality and fantasy

bobsanction 18

Boo hoo your actions had consequences.

JuicyPP 2

Don’t know what you were expecting

Has to suck when the internet turns against you too.