Hard times all around

By Anonymous - 16/03/2023 00:00

Today, I learnt that I am going to have to cut back on what is already a skinny budget to afford my kid's childcare cost increase. I earn in the 97th percentile. FML
I agree, your life sucks 626
You deserved it 242

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think the point is the irony that they earn so much and still have to budget tightly in the current economy.

They still have a right to voice their opinion, even when cutting back on non-essentials.

Comments

You mean the 3rd percentile. If you were 97th percentile, you'd have a team of nannies, governesses and au pairs to care for your brood without breaking a sweat. I'm guessing your math skills are also in the single-digit percentiles, too.

I think the point is the irony that they earn so much and still have to budget tightly in the current economy.

Maybe not, 97% would only mean $250k a year. Sure it sounds like a lot to most people but if your family and friends are lawyers, doctors, programmers, entrepreneurs. You could still be living pay check to pay check trying to keep up.

ODBeefalo 10

also depends where op lives. some places 250k would be very little right now (comparatively speaking of course.) but this is something op should look into if it is the case...

Bottom 3% is only $3,943 annually only way there paying for child care is government support or CPS.

I'm a teacher. I don't want to hear anyone complain about pay. Cut out other costly things you pay for. I do.

They still have a right to voice their opinion, even when cutting back on non-essentials.