Hot Hot Hot

By Cliff - 13/02/2022 16:00

Today, I nearly burnt a hole in my esophagus because I couldn’t stand my dad’s taunts about me not being able to stomach ghost pepper hot sauce. Irony is a cruel bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 256
You deserved it 1 095

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's not irony. It's the opposite. What your dad expected to happen did happen. You're stupid for letting your macho bullshit pride force you to do something you couldn't handle.

So if I ask your dad to taunt you to jump off the Sears Tower in Chicago, you’ll do it?

Comments

That's not irony. It's the opposite. What your dad expected to happen did happen. You're stupid for letting your macho bullshit pride force you to do something you couldn't handle.

So if I ask your dad to taunt you to jump off the Sears Tower in Chicago, you’ll do it?

bobsanction 18

The building is still there, it's just a different name now.

I know it has a new name, but it will always be called the Sears Tower by me. I hate the new name.

The only irony is that a weak willed person was taunted into doing something that made them suffer to supposedly prove they were strong, but it only showed they were easily manipulated. Only the very young and the weak willed will do something against their own best interests because they were “dared”. It takes strength of character to ignore such obvious manipulation. Hopefully OP learned something about ignoring that kind of manipulation. I get it that what family and close friends say and think is important to most of us - That’s why Dad’s taunts worked. It requires maturity to know things like this for what they are - manipulation. If you don’t want to be a puppet with someone else controlling your actions you have to learn when to just walk away and ignore the taunts and “dares”.

dragonladiesfire 19

it doesn’t make you weak if it’s your *body’s* fault. if it burnt a hole in your esophagus and you didn’t cry, you’re pretty damn strong.

It was stupid to taste that sauce if you are not used to very hot sauces, but it was equally stupid to make you try it!

You have nothing to prove to him. Have some resolve.