Nutritional goodness

By homedoggieo - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was eating a croissant. After eating half of it and was about to take another bite, a spider crawled out of one of the holes of flaky deliciousness and descended down a thread of web to the table, where it scuttled away. There was a whole family of them living in there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 295
You deserved it 4 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KiwiBlu 0

That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard.

Oh my god. Thank you for the nightmares I'm sure to have.

Comments

ydi for using the words 'flaky deliciousness' in conjunction

OP, where the hell u got those croissants from?? Sue somebody and get ur stomach pumped!

bumblebee41 0

Why would you get your stomach pumped for eating spiders? In some countries they eat spiders =3

As disgusting and disturbing as this is, I love the way OP worded the whole thing.

it seems like people always have a reason to "YDI" you. "oh, ydi for having a crossiant in the first place". this makes me frustrated.

They're just trolls. Pay them no mind.

lmfao, i loved that, OP: thanks. im never eating anything EVER AGAIN, BTW i have arachnophobia so this scared the shit out of me.

this is totally fake. spiders can't dig or burrow so how would they get inside the croissant? they obviously weren't baked inside it. no way this is real. good wording though.

chloroformxboy 0

The average person eats about 8 spiders in their lifetime . . .

I'm going to pretend I never read that thanks. Hahaha

So I suppose she's getting the 8 spiders out of the way all in one go. Lol, very disturbing --very!

This is true. You consume them during your sleep.

can I eat 8 little spiders in just one shot so I dont have to do that ever again?

you cant eat spiders in your sleep morons. they get scared if you blow on them so they have no way of getting in your mouth unless you weren't breathing

deathbunny256 0

No just read the OP's comment he said the package was left open on the counter for three days.

GelatinFemur 0

Yeah, the whole "eat spiders in your sleep" thing is actually a common myth. It CAN happen, but it's actually very difficult. You can look it up on google or something. There should be articles on this. Basically, your brain, even while asleep, would subconciously "kick out" anything that goes into your mouth that shouldn't be. The brain goes "Wtf, why are there hairy legs on my tongue?" and the reflex kicks in, whether it's coughing, sputtering a little, or, sometimes, swallowing. But to me, so what? Most spiders if swallowed don't cause harm. In some countries they eat tarantulas. I mean, the OPs storry is horrendous, but in your sleep? You wouldn't even know.

Isn't it, the average person swallows a spider a month, in their sleep?

snopes.com. the whole "eating spiders in your sleep" was completely made up by someone who was actually writing an article on the circulation of internet myths. OP - i have to wonder, how did the spiders survive the baking process? alternately, how long was that croissant sitting out that spiders had the opportunity to burrow into it and make babies? bonus points for your awesome verbage, though. XD

i agree with luckster. although this story was just plain gross OP's wording was nice.

This FML was worded quite beautifully and was borderline poetic. But yeah, that is ridiculously disturbing. =/ Better luck next time.