Thanks, "Mom"

By thafinest - 12/10/2009 23:32 - United States

Today, I received a call from a collection agency. Since I had no clue, I was ready to file a police report for stolen identity. I then called my mom only to find out she has been opening new credit cards with my information for 3 years and not paying them. My credit is ruined and I'm only 21. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 657
You deserved it 2 291

Same thing different taste

Top comments

teethsoup 0

wow still call the cops or something i've heard of this happening before to 1 year olds who cant do anything about it thats terrible. your mom is evil!

Bring in the law! You can't just shrug it off because she's family.

Comments

utmost 0

it amazes me that people can click that "you deserve this"

I think the only reason they're clicking the YDI button is because it seems like the OP is more then willing to just sit back and let his mom ruin him instead of taking care of it like an adult and filing charges.

DESTROY HER. First sue her. THEN DESTROY HER.

My mom did this to me too. She obviously needs financial help, how does it make sense to sue her? I can't take anything from here, there's nothing to take. She got the card closed and paid off, and even though it's in "good standing" on my credit report, it will also be questionable for seven years. Life's not fair. I've moved on.

zander09 0

It's a federal crime. He doesn't need to pay a lawyer. A district attorney or federal agent will handle it. Hopefully, she'll go to prison like she deserves.

RubixMonkey 0

I love how there are like ten people on here going, BUT with my mom! Why sue her, she is your mother? Well idiots if he doesn't sue her he still has to report identity theft. He doesn't have the money to pay off the cards, if he doesn't have the money then he will spend the rest of his life paying for something his mother did not need. One credit card is on thing, but why can't she use her own identity? If she has ****** up her credit so much why ruin her son's? She is in the wrong people. I am not saying sue her, but SHE HAS TO PAY THE MONEY BACK. Its what responsible adults do.

Family wouldn't steal each other's identity.

DoingItWrong 0

File a police report for stolen identity!

file and say you dont know who it is.... I know a guy who did that with his ex-wife and he got his money back...

avcureton_101 0

whooP yoUr MomS AsS... HARD!!!

I don't understand why people let their family get away with murder just because they are family. They're not above the law, and you are letting yourself get royally screwed by not reporting her to the police and clearing your name.

Kristoffer 35

Unfortunately, this isn't an easy situation, but in order to protect yourself you need to go to the police with this and file a report on your mother for identity theft - because that's exactly what she did.