By future missing person maker person thingy - 11/10/2012 20:37 - Canada - Lloydminster

Today, after saving up for weeks, I bought myself an iPad. Because mine is better than the one my parents bought my ten-year-old brother, he got pissed and threw it into our pool. I'm now grounded for getting angry and calling him a bastard in the aftermath. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 239
You deserved it 2 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

You should have just grabbed his iPad and thrown in it in the pool with yours. What goes around, comes around.

Megan98 18

I love your name, haha. I would have thrown him in the pool, and held him un....nevermind.

Wait wait wait! You saved for a couple WEEKS?! I have to save for years to get anything over a couple hundred! Pshh boy how much is your allowance?!?!

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Presumptious much? OP simply said 'weeks', never specified how many. So it probably was more than just a couple of weeks. And for all we know, OP may have a part time or even full time job while still living with her parents, and could have paid for the iPad out of her own pocket. On a different note, screw your parents for buying a 10-year-old an iPad, OP. AND for punishing you when he's the one who acted up. That's shitty parenting.

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

Any teenager with a job above minimum wage can make good money. I was pulling $800 a month at 8.75 an hour working at a mechanic. Pulling anywhere from 20-25 hours a week. Of course, I had worked there for two years and had proven that i had a gift with cars before I went above minimum. Now, the majority of this went towards my car payment, insurance, and gas, but with what I was keeping back I could have saved up for an iPad in about 3 months. If OP doesn't havr a car, or isn't paying for it, it's altogether realistic that he/she (on the app, can't see gender) could save in a matter of weeks. Hell, even at minimum a teenager could pull $500 a month.

That's what you get for buying an overrated product.

Since you are already grounded, I would go in his room and throw everything he owns in the pool. Tv, laptop, clothes, video games, HIS iPad, anything expensive or electronic, maybe he has a rare collection of some sort? Baseball cards maybe? Oh and then I would throw him in the pool as well. BUT first op, get a very solid deadbolt for YOUR room so he can't retaliate in the same way. Good luck!!!

The parents will probably just replace it all then punish OP even more.

mcclainlashawn 5

you have a pool and an ipad, that you can make your brother or your parents replace. stop being such a ******* baby

That's a bit harsh considering OP paid for it herself because her parents obviously didn't buy her an ipad when they bought the brother one. So why would they replace it?

Jesus what a bitch. You should appeal to your parents with ******* logic if they didnt punish your brother as well

This is bullshit! Not just for the sake off your iPad... For these reasons. A girl I know has a younger brother who is exsactily like this, He acts like a little shit, then gets his siblings in trouble for yelling at him or complaining to their mother about him. For some reason the mother is really spoiling him. And being over protective off him. He is already turning into a monster. He watches her friends sleeping when they sleep over. He acctually beat up his sister once and just cried to their mother when she fought back, When I met him I seriously thought he was 8 when he is turning 14 soon. The truth is your younger brother is going to grow up bad if your parents don't teach him this behaviour is wrong. Morals are not a forum off control by 'The man' they are a survivial method, This is why a lot writters and philosophyers who really were into this "No Morals, Just Freedom" philosophy all died off syphilis or something else stupid. Where considering the conseqences prior would have helped. Sorry but it's the truth. And I am sorry all your had work got thrown away like that. You handeled that situation better than I would off.