By Medfail - 20/06/2016 07:13 - United Kingdom - Bath

Today, at the age of 27, I learnt that your tonsils aren't the dangly bit at the back of your throat. I work in healthcare. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 657
You deserved it 13 695

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kingdomgirl94 29

Didn't you ever see Monster House? That's totally where I learned about the uvula from!

This is why they call what doctors do, "practice".

Comments

This is why they call what doctors do, "practice".

Iwannarock1 19
kingdomgirl94 29

Didn't you ever see Monster House? That's totally where I learned about the uvula from!

I saw that movie too! It was a great one, had a gripping, in-depth and emotional story :D

LostInTheZone11 29
katydid91 31

I learned about the Uvula from Jimmy Neutron.

KVKdragon 26

I'm really glad your comment is a top comment. I love that movie XD

WatchDoge28 4

That's exactly what I just thought too.

:- Doesn't it just feel awful when you try to correct someone, but have no idea what you're talking about? I have no idea, since... I can read.

Looks like you learned something new today, 4.

Funny thing about that is America actually speaks proper English. What you are calling the Queen's English is a dialect created by the aristocracy in the late 19th century to set themselves apart while the Queen at the time disapproved.

Both are acceptable. Same with "spelt" and "spelled".

#15 Doesn't it feel awful when you try to make a sarcastic remark to make someone feel bad, only to discover that nobody likes it? I wouldn't know, since... I'm not an a**

CoffeeChickBlows 13

#21, good job showing that you only need to SOUND like you know what you're talking about, in order to get a bunch of upvotes for talking complete bullshit.

#39 Yeah you are cause you commented a sarcastic remark about a sarcastic remark........... nice try idiot.

Since op is from the states she did in fact use it improperly

Not true. Since when is Bath and North East Somerset in the US, anyway?

Where's the "you deserve it"? (For working in something that probably required anatomy classes at least)

zeffra13 31

I have the iOS app & this one comes up with FYL & YDI as the options for me, though not all do since the update.

I really hope your area of expertise is not in oral healthcare.

Goblin182 26

I hope OP is a receptionist.

Good thing you don't preform tonsillectomies (I hope).

neuronerd 28

By "work in healthcare," I hope you mean medical billing or something. Any doctor, nurse, PA, or even medical assistant should know what tonsils are.

Shit, I studied to be a pharmacy tech and learned that in anatomy.

My mother does medical billing and even she had to study anatomy...

It could be worse. You could be 40 and a licensed physician.