By rubgy_lover - 27/06/2013 15:02 - Canada - Surrey

Today, at work, I politely asked a patron to be quieter; I was hit in the face. I work in a library. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 103
You deserved it 3 915

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You work in a library. I'm sure there are plenty of books detailing murders and the proper process of getting rid of a body...

Comments

Damian95 16

Maybe OP was being a bit too loud.

People these days need a good ass whooping. I hope you whooped his ass. You will be off the hook due to self defence.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Even if OP would hit them back I'd think they'd both get a fine out of it. Nowadays you can't spit on the sidewalk without getting fined or hurting someone's feelings.

Hey, at least Mr Dickbag McPunchintheface took the time to visit their local library.

I'm sorry OP. You were just doing your job.

hope you kicked them out and filed a report. feel free to press charges too.that's awful. sorry OP

no need to go that far. just grab the largest book you can find and pummel him

dixiefoxx 22
perdix 29

#3, I don't think you understand the point of violence. The loser doesn't get to tell the winner what to do.

Really 44? For a slap? There are ways outside of going to the judicial system to solve problems. Instead, OP can ban (or speak to someone who /can/ ban) the person from the library. Seems more reasonable.

45 while true that there are other ways to go about it, its very doubtful that this is the first time they've lashed out. the judicial system is there to protect people from exactly this kind of violent behaviour. who else has this person assaulted for no reason than they could? family, friends, other people just trying to do their job? the police are exactly the people OP needs to call to handle this, before "the patron" escalates their violent behaviour and people get seriously hurt.

66 promoting steyrotypes like that says more about you than about the people you're talking about.

BreynHope 11

Jesus Christ, some people are so hostile! Sorry, op!

MilkyFilmz 26

Yea, the things it takes to anger some people..

You work in a library. I'm sure there are plenty of books detailing murders and the proper process of getting rid of a body...

MilkyFilmz 26

Who thumbed this down? Some people can not take s joke.

Wizardo 33

To be honest, you should hit him back or call security to beat him up, employees should have more protections against workplace violence.

My local library has a security guard on each of the 3 floors of the building.

51 - Oh yeah. Most libraries have security. My boyfriend worked at several libraries. He literally wrote a book about the crazy shit that happened there. Including a girl who returned a book with a used tampon in it. And if there is no security, call the non-emergency police line or your town might have public security.

Totally unnecessary, kick him out or call security!

You comment on literally every post...

Remember what ole dirty said? Ill **** yo ass up.

Jeez. Maybe there was something wrong with the person?? I can't imagine someone acting like that..

There's definitely something wrong with him. It's a fairly common problem, and no where is truly safe from its effects. It's most widely known as "being a dick"

Aside from the people who are dicks, most people don't act like that. Maybe this person was Autistic, and it's just sad because OP had no way of knowing, and this person obviously doesn't know any better. Hopefully whoever that person was will be able to get help and gain age appropriate social skills.

Why do you assume they are autistic? I have seen a mentally capable, normally sane man leap across a cash register and pull out some poor girls earrings. She was bleeding and he got taken away for assault. This man was my grandfather and he was 54 at the time and had no mental problems. Other than being a violent asshole.