By schellbytheseashore - 21/02/2009 07:30 - United States

Today, during a text conversation with a girl I've been trying to get with, she complained about how crummy of a day she was having. I told her it couldn't be as bad as she thought, and she would probably get it over it soon. Then she told me she had found out her cousin had been murdered. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 169
You deserved it 13 379

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah. It's usually good to Find Out What's Going On before you try and console someone.

carriealana 0

I've got to agree with #2 and #3. If you're trying to get with her, don't tell her it can't be that bad! If she's upset, she thinks it's bad whether it is or not; and in this situation, it was pretty bad.

Comments

Yeah. It's usually good to Find Out What's Going On before you try and console someone.

Faced159 0

Why would you capitalize Find Out Whats Going On? That's wierd. You are wierd.

itsmeyippie 0

I'm just wondering how finding out your cousin has been murdered is crummy? oI'm fairly certain that's worse than crummy... FOWGO all the way!!!!!!

I'm sorry, what does FOWGO mean/stand for?

carriealana 0

I've got to agree with #2 and #3. If you're trying to get with her, don't tell her it can't be that bad! If she's upset, she thinks it's bad whether it is or not; and in this situation, it was pretty bad.

I don't think you deserved it at all, just because you're not the greatest at consoling someone doesn't mean you're a bad friend. Hell one of my best friends sucks at consoling people, mainly because he's fairly emotionally shallow. My point is, you should just apologize, and tell your friend that if she needs someone to talk about it that you're there.

slyvanilla_creme 0

it helps to know what "crummy" things happened before thinking it can't be all that bad...but props to you for trying to make her feel better...

OUCH!!! Been there before.... its cool im sure you did the right thing afterwards and was beening all sweet... if not your an idoit

d_carley 0

I am the QUEEN of making faux pas like this. They suck, and you feel like a big asshole. Hopefully she knows you didn't mean it.

theres no way you couldve known. it sucks on her part for what happened to her cousin, but theres no way she'd hold that against you. or that you should feel really bad about it even.

deedee124 0

yea tht does suck but there was no way u could have known! i do it all the time i always put my foot in my mouth. she knows u didnt mean anything by it