By Anonymous - 01/02/2013 22:13 - Romania - Cluj-napoca

Today, I asked my bosses for three weeks off in July to go on a much-needed vacation. Their response was to fire me on the spot. My bosses are my aunt and uncle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 155
You deserved it 4 040

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What audacity you have, asking on such short notice. On the plus side, congrats on getting your vacation.

Comments

TheyCallMeDamien 17

3 weeks! My last job gave me hell for 3 days. I had a relative whose job required him to work 2 years for a half day off (by the way security jobs suck ass FYI). My guess is they've wanted to fire someone for awhile and you simply gave them an excuse.

Wow, your job sucks... Over here in Europe we pretty much have the right to around 25 days a year (if you worked a full year) in most EU countries...

3 weeks is alot of vacation. I would never be able to take three weeks at one time.

Judging by the comments I guess leave works differently in different places. Where I work i know a few people who save up their leave so that they can use it all at once. Sorry op, I don't know why they didn't just say no.

Just because you HAVE three weeks doesn't mean you should take all three weeks at the same time. That's a big no no. I would have fired you too!

He is in Romania, he is entitled to at least 21 days. Why would you fire him simply for asking? What's wrong with you?

What is wrong with simply saying no? If your solution to every question your employee asks you is fire the person, you're going to have a problem before too long...

you shouldnt take advantage of your boss just because they are relatives. nobody else would ask for 3 whole weeks of, but i dont think they should have fired you. i dont think its fyl or ydi.

Pretty sure this is illegal... Hopefully you weren't dumb enough to ask for more sick days than you have banked. Regardless, FYL.

Smells like a wrongful dismissal lawsuit to me! Fight back!

Everyone here seems so well versed in Romanian labour laws.

Ins0mau 20

Either that or they somehow assume U.S labour law applies world wide. *SCRATCHES HEAD*

Maybe July is peak season? Either way, their life sucks because they just lost an employee and your life sucks because you lost your job for an unknown reason. I feel like a vacation would still do you good though.