By sadmother - 01/07/2011 23:12 - Canada

Today, I asked my daughter what time it was. She stared at the clock for several seconds before muttering, "I don't know". She's 14 years old and on the honour roll, and yet she can't tell the time on an analogue clock. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 955
You deserved it 12 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I know college kids who can't read a regular clock. It scares me that these people are the future of this world.

Comments

NickiJane 0

It happens. Just teach her and this won't happen again! It's not the end of the world yet.

NickiJane 0

Roman numerals are wayyy different that

#30, I phrased it as a question, not saying you have to do it. What is wrong with helping someone acquire a useful skill set?

Hmm, I meant #31. When I clicked on "Show me the comment" while typing out my reply, it showed #31 -- but now my post shows up in a different thread entirely.. perhaps because I specified the wrong comment number by mistake? Weird.

F her life for having a parent that didn't teach her!

salvorican 24

Hey I didn't know my months in the 5th grade and I had As and Bs. Smart people don't know everything

supermankisses 1

no you're right, smart people know nothing.

salvorican 24

Not what I meant. Smart people are only good at what they know. They can know alot of things but not everything

I'd hardly put knowing the months in the category of things smart people may or may not choose to specialise in.

salvorican 24

Nope but I'd hope they know them lol

nhcutie96 0

FHL for not knowing how to tell time.

Except for the age, I'm tempted to think this is my mom posting about my kid sister. Province is even the same.

Maybe she just wasnt even really paying attention, or didnt want to bother XD i often zoneout when my dad asks me sumthing & just say "i dunno" lol then he goes off "How The *$6% do u not know?"

With everything digital its no surprise.

Seriously? I'm the same age as her and I have an analog watch. There are no second hands or 1-minute increments on it and I can still tell the time right down to the minute. But maybe your daughter is in the honor roll because she excels at something else and is just terrible at that? I mean, I'm really good at literary analysis but absolutely terrible at geography.

She's on the honor roll because telling time isn't a subject in school.