By why me - 29/06/2016 04:41 - United States - Milford

Today, I bought a brand new Wii U. My cat must have thought the wires looked tasty because he chewed through each of them, which will now cost me another $100. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 386
You deserved it 1 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Clinky92 18

Your cat probably works for Microsoft or Sony.

Agree with #3. Strip about an inch off the mangled ends of each wire and splice them back together with butt splices. Wrap some electrical tape around it for good measure. Cost you about 5-10 bucks

Comments

Just in case you didn't know, "Wii" is pronounced like "we".

Tasty. But in all seriousness, that sucks. Does a thing such as cat warranty excist? If so, get it.

hilamonster06 21

You should have got a ps4. Better games, Better graphics, Better processor. Sorry about your wii, ya could have maybe tried striping the wires and splicing them back together.

Some people like gameplay more than graphics. Matter of choice.

Maybe this person specifically likes Nintendo games and wanted a console for it

It's all a matter of preference, #3. I do agree about stripping the wires and splicing them back together though. But it could also end up frying the entire system and then OP has a whole new set of problems.

Agree with #3. Strip about an inch off the mangled ends of each wire and splice them back together with butt splices. Wrap some electrical tape around it for good measure. Cost you about 5-10 bucks

Clinky92 18

Your cat probably works for Microsoft or Sony.

Literally one of the best comments I've seen on here in a while.

But that means more money for the competitor.

Lizzy500 16

Put Bitter Apple on the new wires. I had a cat who thought he was a dog, it was what kept him from chewing on the furniture.

Yep, this is what I have to do for all my wires. My cat likes chewing the rubber coating, for some reason. Probably because he's either crazy or has a death wish. But that bitter Apple stuff helps!

Do NOT put bitter apple on the new wires. Citrus can and will kill your cat.

#25 The amount you would apply to the wires would not be enough to harm the cat. Also the point is that unless the cat is extremely stupid it won't continue chewing the wires after tasting the bitter apple, because it's bitter.

Notsosmartical 5

Thats a lame reason to get rid of a cat. Because of an electronic device..please.

SmittyJA24 26

In spite of their "cute" appearance, cats are highly destructive beasts. I've lost thousands of dollars worth of furniture & clothing to a few of the piss-monsters. YDI for owning one.