By Itchy - 28/02/2017 18:00

Today, I found out I'm allergic to soil, pollen, dust, mold, the colors green, yellow, orange, black and grey, most metals, wood, carpet, drywall, most hygiene and beauty products, and plastic. Basically, I was told to avoid the entire planet and everything man-made. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 398
You deserved it 678

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chemicals known as pigments make up the material composition that causes certain types of light to reflect. So probably a reaction to a common pigment in paints, dyes, stains, etc.

Comments

Chemicals known as pigments make up the material composition that causes certain types of light to reflect. So probably a reaction to a common pigment in paints, dyes, stains, etc.

Mia- 14

Still not an allergy to a coulour. the pigments would not be the same in a paint or a dye I suppose...

MissSpaceUnicorn 5

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Do some research and check the comment above

Artificial colors. A lot of food uses food dyes.

tantanpanda 26

It's bull shit to say allergic to "colors" since that is not possible. Sure, you could be allergic to something naturally colored a certain way (pigments and dyes as some people mentioned), but I'll bet that OP is not allergic to inert materials like concrete, asphalt, and metal. Your immune system has to attack a compound that it sees as a threat. This means people aren't allergic to inorganic materials. Polymers are different due to the possible used chemicals. For OP to find this out so late is suspicious too. If they're old enough to type an fml, they've lived long enough interacting with these things. I'm being an asshole, but it can't be serious allergic reactions if it was found out this late. I know allergies can come from nowhere, but not this many and not such a ridiculous list of allergens.

species4872 19

Concrete, asphalt, and metals are not inert. An inert material does not react to anything.

You can become like the Bubble Boy. Only your bubble has to be made of glass.

Unless they end up becoming allergic to glass as well.

jcash52426 5

Sound like your going to be the next bubble boy and you will have to live in a plastic bubble. Ow wait your allergic. Maybe you can live in a room with no windows and everything in your room is white and your not allowed to leave.

If you're allergic to wood, you can't touch pencil or any type of paper. If you're allergic to plastic, say good-bye to your computer.

I hope your doctor explained this to you - allergy tests actually have a really high rate of false positives (especially blood tests). This happens particularly in people with an existing autoimmune issue, food intolerances, inflammation disorders, and already-triggered allergies that have your body on high alert. It's entirely possible that you have an issue that is ramping up your immune system and causing it to react to things it normally wouldn't. Start by eliminating your worst allergens before investing in a bubble.

EnvyMe33 26

I think you need a second opinion....

HayleyMichelle93 2

man made....didn't know soil...or tree's or plants or colours or most of it was man made....I think someone is telling porkies somewhere ?

So, OP clearly says "avoid the entire planet and everything man-made." I'm fairly certain the entire planet includes trees and soil.

Well signup for the first Mars programs. You are allergic to earth and not the color Red which is Mars.