By lostwife - 22/11/2011 16:20 - United States

Today, I lost my job for taking an unauthorized vacation. I just got married and requested time off for the wedding and honeymoon months ago; it was approved then. They forgot, and then got angry because I didn't remind them. I did remind them, the day before I left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 344
You deserved it 2 664

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Epsilonyx 15

Sue for unlawful termination. I'm sure SOMEONE there can vouch for you.

Fyl. This sort of companies shouldnt even exist. You deserve better OP

Comments

Authorized & approved is just that, tell them you're suing for unlawful termination. Then sue them for 3-5 times your yearly salary, laugh all the way to the bank & get a new job...you'll have enough money to tide you over til you find another one. Good luck OP!

The boss is always right, even if he's wrong, he's always right. That's why he's the boss and you're the employee, or were the employee. Congratulations on getting hitched, though.

missamazinggg 12

So if your boss decided to sexually harass you, he/she would be right? I'm just trying to understand your logic.

diidiimi 10

33's logic is clear - their brain is fried and they have no sense of justice. They genuinely believe that it's right to allow people to shit all over them. Alternately, they might be in management and believe that they have the right to shit all over everyone else.

There are two possibilities 1 he is someone's boss 2 he walks around sucking his bosses dick 24/7 bosses aren't always right

fyl, hit them with a lawsuit. also hope you find a job where your superiors aren't total dumbasses

You're better off not working for such a disorganized company in the first place. Enjoy the two years of unemployment you'll get.

Just walk in there and tell them off. I would have done it. Screw the crappy jobs get a new one.

Yes, the time off was approved, but does your company have a posted schedule for everyone? If you didn't check to verify your vacation was on it, you are fully eligible for termination. If the schedule shows you as being off, then you should be able to get your job back or sue... unless you are in a right-to-work state like Florida, then you are just screwed.

perdix 29

If your marriage can withstand the strain of your lost income, you likely have a permanent bond. Wouldn't you like to learn about your spouse's true character early on?

hugs1976 0

If this tears them apart, they were never meant to be together. And without a job, how do you pay for the divorce? OP's ex-employer is irresponsible!

Well, take it as a honeymoon without having to worry about the job, until it's over. Jobs come and go, but a good woman is worth it right?

*spouse. Sorry ladies, didn't mean to be sexist and think that only men use the internet.

Did you invite co-workers to the wedding?