By sad - 24/04/2009 08:18 - United States

Today, I met a really cute guy at work. He asked for my number, and I wrote it down on a piece of paper. After looking at the paper, he crumpled it up, yelled "Do you think I'm stupid? I know the rejection hotline when I see it", and walked away. It was my real phone number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 265
You deserved it 3 958

Same thing different taste

Top comments

His loss! Looks like he's stupid after all.. i'd call that a lucky escape

Comments

who "recognizes" the rejection hotline?? how many times has he seen it for it to be stuck in his head like that. You're lucky you avoided that situation girl.

kellster 2

Wow. I think you just saved yourself a whole lot of trouble in getting involved with someone that insecure! If he flies off the handle that easily and is so frequently rejected that he knows the rejection hotline, I think we can safely say that you're better off!!

Even if he actually thought that was the rejection hotline, there are smoother ways of responding to that. I mean it really shouldn't be that hard to make enough of a comeback to get a girl's real number in a situation like that, especially if he happens to be cute. Outbursts like that are rarely an isolated incident. He probably got burned before because of his attitude, and since he isn't too bright he thought he got the same number again.

Kickinchicken213 3

he's not a keeper anyway, obviously, if he has the Rejection Hotline MEMORIZED.

OP_here 0

equidem (indeed), and even less so if he has it memorized WRONG lol. OP: well I guess it's better to have learnt that he has a faulty memory now, rather than if he'd forgotten some important anniversary in the future and u got cut over that... :P

mj2123 0

Someone's got issues...and it's not the OP...

llSgtScopell 0

Well if hes gonna act like that **** him.

@13 http://www.rejectionhotline.com/rh-numbers.asp They have numbers for every state.

000001 0

Stupid guy. At least you found out sooner. (It'll be even funnier if he read this. FHL.)

#17, are you serious? If I had a choice, my phone number would be (110) 110-1101 ... maybe.