By username - 17/11/2014 03:52 - United States - Elkhart

Today, my father told me to "go get a job". He has been unemployed for 3 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 969
You deserved it 3 247

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Parents often want better for their kids. You should probably follow his advice before you end up in the same boat and can't get a job.

I know a lot of parents with no university degree. That doesn't mean it's okay for them not to educate their kids.

Comments

Parents often want better for their kids. You should probably follow his advice before you end up in the same boat and can't get a job.

yeah, the fact that he is unemployed doesnt really change the fact that op should probably go get a job. its more of a fml if he degraded him/her over it by saying mean things while being hypocritical

You don't have to take your parent's example at all and finding a job doesn't just happen by snapping your fingers. It can take some time.

What's wrong with all of this is that we're all simply assuming that OP is just as lazy a his father, and telling him what to do. we don't know if he's already been looking for work and the dad just wants to feel like he's motivating him to do so. or OP could be in school right now and the dad wants him out and start working instead. this is a very vague FML.

There are no clue as to what the father's or son's predicaments are like. The father could be retired, earning disability, living on savings, etc..

I know a lot of parents with no university degree. That doesn't mean it's okay for them not to educate their kids.

exactly. saying "i dont have to because you dont" is not going to make you strive in life

Say to him "practice what you preach there buddy" or go get a job and better yourself more than your dad. Win win :D

Life is about experience. It's why parents preach, because they've been there done that. In most cases its because they want the best for their child.

Maybe he's past his prime and considered unemployable by his desired field. Then, of course, he may still be overqualified or not disabled enough to qualify for "lesser" jobs like being a greeter.

Eliseopwns 22

Find your work on your own merit, but, attempt to get your father off his lazy ass as well.

Maybe he wants you to have a brighter future than he got.

LiveLifeAllDay 11

Just do what I do and tell him to kiss your ass

If you were my son, I would whoop your ass.

That's the reason why he asks you to find a job!