By Shianna - 28/05/2012 22:00 - United States - Holden

Today, my son was fired from his new job, which was going to support us since I recently lost mine. His excuse was, "Conflict of interest." He was a mascot for a fast-food restaurant and refused to dance around. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 059
You deserved it 13 665

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You were going to support your family off of your son's job?

It's terrible having to ask a child to get a job to support his parents. It's worse still asking him to do something humiliating like that. Try to have some understanding, and next time have him get a better job. Like a stripper.

Comments

hockeyoceancity 13

You should be happy he even got up to go to work. It shows he is interested in supporting you two and you don't know what exactly happened, maybe he was being made fun of harshly and no offense but you are the adult in this problem and should solve it by putting on your big girl pants and send applications everywhere and try to find little earn a buck things like cleaning up someones yard, mowing it etc. You can make some good cash doing that i do it with shoveling snow and raking leaves. Maybe reach out to others for assistance, like connections to jobs or if you could do any errands for them for some cheap cash. True friends will help you when you're in need.

I want to know where everyone who is saying "just get a job" lives. Last I checked, jobs aren't the easiest to come by. So for the son to just drop the only source of income for his family for a little pride... That's unbelievably stupid. If he's old enough to have a job and get himself there, he's old enough to help his family financially. (That's what I believe anyway.)

robinhood007 9

I agree, but thats not his duty. His mon should do whatever she can to support the family and he should be able to help out and have some money for himself too. Thats way too much responsibility for a kid. And really how would his salary support them anyway? And if a kid can get a job, so can the mom.

I agree. However, I'm sure the mom is looking for a job and forher soon to give up the only income for such a reason is selfish. I doubt the money he was making was enough to support then

*them but every little bit helps these days. It's also better than begging on a corner.

LaFemmeQuiRit 3

Why doesn't the mom take the dancing mascot job if she needs the money so much then? Why is it the son's responsibility?

I also agree. I hate how everyone says that we're living in a rough economy but "just get a job" or "get a job and move out, freeloader" Living in a "rough economy" means THERE ARE NO JOBS. Or should everyone whose unemployed just go live on the street and hope things get better? How many places are going to hire a bum off the street who doesnt have access to a shower or clean clothes? But that being said, supporting your family while your parent(s) is/are unemployed a lot of responsability for a teenager to shoulder (I assume he is a teenager if its his first job...either that or his parents babied him all his life). It takes a certain amount of charisma (and IDGAF attitude) to be a mascot/sign-flipper. Maybe OP's son just doesnt have it.

justinrich 0

That is bs I'm calling it fast food places hire all the time as well as gas stations it's not his child's place to provide many the dad should have went to collage and got a better job

perdix 29

Maybe he was interested in getting laid in the next decade. Making a damn fool of yourself flopping around like a clown conflicts with that.

colleen_audrey 4

Why don't you apply for the job he just lost? If you're willing to let him do that to support your family, you should be willing to do it also.

Hey well at least there is a job opening now for you :)

katie2351 1

And you rely on your son to support your family? Wow.

you depend on your son to support the two of you? that sad

Your child shouldn't have to support you.

Well, I understand I had the same job. Those things where heavy, smell like shit on the inside, and it would get hot as hell. But still I think he could of tried. FYL

destinee_95 2

Shouldn't b up to your son to support u. Get off your ass and get a job