By BenFiggy - 21/04/2016 13:28 - United States - Brick

Today, while waiting in line with my 4-year-old son, I had to awkwardly apologize to an African-American gentleman and explain to my son that the man was not made out of chocolate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 743
You deserved it 2 627

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I mean, your son is 4. Has he been so sheltered that he has never seen an African American or is it just rare or something? But hopefully the guy didn't think too much of it since your son is little.

imcornelious 15

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

I'm black and I find that FREAKING hilarious. Hell, some rap songs talk about themselves being "sexy chocolate". So what if the kid thought he saw an actual chocolate man? Worse words could have occured and there's nothing wrong with the thought of being created from the only substance that makes PMS bearable. This will make an awesome story to tell at his wedding someday.

I said that when I was about 3 too. A man came to the door and I yelled to my dad 'there's a chocolate man at the door'. We still laugh about it, the guy wasn't upset at me when I said it either. Chocolate is amazing, why would it be offensive? Lol

Same here I have had this happy to me before lol l

It was probably awkward for both of you and atleast he didn't make any comparisons to monkeys like my neighbor's kid did when he saw me in a tree at the place I used to live at.

Sir_Cow 17

Why would you ever get mad because of that? Everyone loves chocolate.

Wait a second OP, I thought Black people were made out of chocolate this whole time. My life is a lie.

When I was about that age I did the same thing to an old black man at a dmv...

I'll tell people that I'm made of hot fudge.

We used to have this guy from South Africa working with us. His nickname was dark chocolate. As in, he was the same shade of brown as someone's 96% cocoa dark chocolate bar.

Holy shit, my mom told me my older brother used to think the exact same thing when he was really little. Kids have wild imaginations.

PowerOfDin 15

A similar experience happened to me. A little child came up to me asking how I got my skin that tan and that it looks great. The mom tried to make the child apologize, but I found it rather amusing. It was so cute.

Kids have fantasies. They've heard stories of a cottage made of chocolate. Why not a person made of chocolate?