Waste of time

By Anonymous - 03/10/2012 01:55 - United States - Palm City

Today, at around 11 p.m., the police made a visit to my house, explaining how my neighbors had thought I was using a universal remote to change their television channels. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 277
You deserved it 1 623

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

I would hate to be that cop. All I would be thinking is: "**** my life- this is what I went to the police academy for?"

Comments

BeforeItWasCool 12

Well, yes I'd say so. Its probably considered some form of harassment, and if a person is distressed, police have to take action.

I'd understand if he was outside the house but he was in his house. The remote wouldn't reach that far even if it was programmed to their TV. Which he couldn't do from his house.

If OP was doing it, its rude. However for something as trivial as this, one would think you could confront a neighbor. Besides how would OP know what brand and model the neighbor had as a TV to program the remote.

beccaishereyay 11

There should have been some actions before the police were called. Like actually talking to their neighbor first. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people have a problem with you but say nothing until all hell breaks loose.

17) That's the point of a UNIVERSAL remote. It works for most brands and models.

with universal remotes, if you manually program you just hit setup, tv, then press the channel up button til the channel changes. all you have to do is be within range

Walk over to the neighbors with the police.

collegegirl17 8

This is totally a copied FML haha. I saw it on random a few months ago and it was a 2009 one.

Ad soon as I read this I tried it... It doesn't work.

KiddNYC1O 20

Unrelated but your daughter is just adorable. God bless.

The neighbors have a fussy TV watching ghost!

Change it to a **** channel when a mum is about to walk into her son's room and get him in trouble.

35 - I'm picturing it as a crabby old couple who have nothing better to do than complain about little things or something along those lines.

Like in Home Alone!! I've always wanted to do that!

35- I have an feeling that's how this FML started.

BunchieRules 31

Your neighbors probably wear tinfoil hats as well, if they're that paranoid. FYL, OP.

Is that so the aliens can't read their minds ? Or is it to protect them from Major League Baseball ?

Its probably because they've seen 'click'.

BunchieRules 31

62 - That would change time and space itself, and not just the channels. Then again, I guess only OP would be affected, because of the "autopilot" feature.

unknown_user5566 26

I would hate to be that cop. All I would be thinking is: "**** my life- this is what I went to the police academy for?"

perdix 29

Sometimes I think that some cops would rather intervene with harmless citizens than confront dangerous criminals or organized drug gangs. I'm sure the life-and-death shit sounds fun when deciding to be a cop, but I'll bet that gets old real fast.

beccaishereyay 11

Someone's gotta do the shitty work, right?

unknown_user5566 26

Perdix- That's true, but I was thinking more along the lines of "I really have to deal with idiots like this?" I'd agree that the action-packed stuff likely gets tiresome at some point, but I'd rather do a routine stop with normal people versus weirdos, haha.

jacquesromualdez 12

More like the boring version of cops who just sit around their cars eating donuts. "Dispatch 911, please respond." "Whoa great! Action time! Woohoo!!"

Some interesting neighbors you have there.....

I feel sorry for the cop. A lot of cops actually. They have to deal with weird people and stupid things.

"I'm going to post lol just to let everyone know I laughed." Your thoughts, no?

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't really laugh out loud. lol is becoming so overused.

CantusVulpis 12

At least he capitalized and punctuated? Sorry, I like finding the plus side.

48, laugh out loud is not even a complete sentence. Therefore, capitalization and punctuation really offer no improvement in this situation.

Right, he should've used the acronym IACLOL. Now it's a full sentence - rest easy

It still never ceases to amaze me how idiotic people can be. I can't believe that people think that it is possible to change other people's tv channels Why on earth would that warrant a police call. F your life indeed.

They would've been a laughing stock in the police station after they called in.