Be more specific

By readytoamputatemyfeet - 30/06/2013 23:00 - United States - Winter Springs

Today, my shoe fell apart a few minutes after I got to work. I called my boyfriend and asked him to bring me the "pretty black pair" in my closet. What did he bring? Black stilettos. I'm a waitress with an eight-hour shift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 547
You deserved it 32 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess if you say 'pretty black pair' it makes your boyfriend think of a shoe like that. Maybe just say 'black pair' next time.

ShadowBox 8

At least they were YOUR stilettos, right?

Comments

I feel for your 8-hour shift deal but seriously, "the pretty black pair"? It's a guy you'r talking to, did you expect anything else?

freesitter 14

Why would you say "pretty" black shoes? You work with food, save your nice shoes for when your not working.

YDI For not specifying what you wanted.

Man goes out of his way to help out his girlfriend to the best of his admittedly (and predictably) rudimentary fashion ability and all he gets is this lousy FML.

That the **** did you expect? He can't read your mind..

baristagirl2003 7

The thing happened to me as I was walking to the bus stop to go to jury duty. I asked my brother to bring my chunky heeled loafers and he also brought me stilettos. Ugh! I feel for you girl! Good luck. Make him give you a good foot run when you get home.

If you were talking about some flats op you should have said so people can't read minds so YDI for not telling him flats

miyaviichan 27

'You should have been more specific.' Is that the sound of guys everywhere admitting they have no common sense?

Nope. I'm a girl and think they're right. He could've 'forgotten' about what her job involves. She should have been more specific, in the sense, 'pretty black pair, no heels'.

miyaviichan 27

So if it's not lack of common sense, it's absentmindedness.

#67 I wish I could thumbs you up 300 times. so many people on here blaming the OP when COMMON SENSE would dictate that even a man could figure out stilettos are bad for an 8 hour work shift. ****. I'm so annoyed with this whole comments section.