Happy Valentine's…

By Country - 12/02/2021 14:30 - United States - Huntsville

Today, I finally got my stimulus check and was big excited to be able to cash it and buy Valentine's Day gifts. The very second turn out of our driveway, dude and I got T-boned. Our only vehicle, with only two payments remaining, appears totalled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 985
You deserved it 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bobsanction 18

And that's what insurance is for.

tounces7 27

Well normally insurance would cover this, but since you're in Alabama, the chances the other driver has insurance, or any money whatsoever, is almost none, so hopefully you're at least physically okay. Maybe you can sue them for their beat up old trailer they live in at least.

Comments

mickymoose1 15

This fml needs more info. It sucks that the car's totalled. To me, the fml sounds like there may have been some reckless driving on your part but again, there's not enough info to determine.

bobsanction 18

And that's what insurance is for.

Marcella1016 31

That was my first thought. But if they only had a couple payments left, I imagine the car was about 5 years old if they bought it new. The insurance company will probably pay them a pittance for it - cars have very shitty resale value, and it probably will be determined that it’s not worth that much. And buying another car with whatever they get from the insurance company will suck - it’s always a crapshoot buying used cars. Plus they have to pay whatever their deductible is. On top of all the financial shit, this is a huge hassle when they were just going out for a leisurely semi-romantic outing (because of the Valentines thing) with their new cash (I mean finally - seems like they got it late af), and now they go through the trauma of getting t-boned, lost their mode of travel, have to navigate the insurance shit, and find a new (but probably not “new” new) car with a shitty new budget. Hell yeah **** their life.

coius 23

If the other party has insurance. I was hit by a driver that had no license, no insurance, stolen car with rotating in transits pre-filled in their trunk, and it left me with a tbi that changed my life and needed surgery on my back and neck because of it. They lived in a rented trailer in kansas, police did nothing and my insurance paid me only $700 for an almost new Honda Civic Hybrid with new batteries. Insurance can suck my dick. They don’t car if their own people get hit. They care how little they can pay, and no, my insurance refused to cover any of my medical. Hello $250k in medical damages. I also lost $75k in lost wages from it as well with no opportunity to get that back. Shortly after that, I got t-boned by an old later. I litterally got told to go **** myself by the branch manager for the insurance the lady had (USAA), and am still dealing with it a year snd a half later with no settlement. I sued with lawyer, and they didn’t even show up in court. They laughed on the phone when asked why they didn’t respond to the summons. Insurance companies are a joke, and mostly a legalized scam. Don’t count on them for anything.

tounces7 27

Well normally insurance would cover this, but since you're in Alabama, the chances the other driver has insurance, or any money whatsoever, is almost none, so hopefully you're at least physically okay. Maybe you can sue them for their beat up old trailer they live in at least.

OrySoma 11

thats what insurance is for also don't forget to look both ways next time