New mommies

By Anonymous - 07/01/2023 21:00

Today, for the third time, my ex-husband sent another new girlfriend to pick up our kids. It’s crazy that the court sees nothing wrong with his parading a stream of women, which could be dangerous to our kids. The judge said that as long as he keeps up with visitation and child support, there’s nothing I can do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 730
You deserved it 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Third time in how long? If it's 5 weeks since the divorce that's completely different from 5 years.

Can't you require that he be the one that picks them up? I'd tell a judge that I dont feel comfortable letting a stranger I've barely met pick up my kids but have no problem with their father doing it.

Comments

Does he take care of the kids when they’re at his house at least? If he makes the girlfriends do that too then you might be able to get more custody through that.

Third time in how long? If it's 5 weeks since the divorce that's completely different from 5 years.

Can't you require that he be the one that picks them up? I'd tell a judge that I dont feel comfortable letting a stranger I've barely met pick up my kids but have no problem with their father doing it.

I hope they are hot. Kids need to know that their dad's a playa. It gives them confidence! If he's parading a string of uggos in front of them, they will lose respect for him. As they should.

There are possibly multiple power-plays that seem to be going on… (1) OP is not over her ex and is fixated on his love life instead of moving on… (2) OP’s ex is quite probably intentionally rubbing in OP’s face that he has moved on with his love life… (3) Children are not harmed by seeing that their divorced parents have a love life and girlfriends or boyfriends… OP, stop obsessing over your ex and you will likely discover that his having girlfriends is not really a problem for the children except where they echo back the things you say. You Ex’s ship has sailed, you are never getting him back - The sooner you come to grips with that, the easier it will be on everyone. Don’t manufacture drama out of things that don’t have to be.

What's with all the YDI votes? In what way does OP deserve this? I'm guessing both parents work and their schedules don't allow them to pick up their kids, but I definitely don't think a bunch of random people should be picking the kids up. It also depends on how long this has been going on for there to be three different women involved.

It’s amazing how moms will complain about dads in the name of good parenting. We are given half the info on the dad and don’t get a hint on the mom’s parenting skills. It’s miserable being a dad in that situation.

ODBeefalo 10

nah, reads like the father wasn't there for the pickup... My father lived an hour drive away when I was a kid and was always there for pickup. sometimes late, sometimes on a different weekend but he always showed up himself even if it was with a friend of some form or he had set something up prior with my mother and had another family member pick me up. never send someone the co-parent barely knows to pick your kids up, the exception being long term relationship and the kids know the person well.