By Anonymous - 19/09/2010 01:57 - United States

Today, after lunch with my frail, disabled, 87-year-old father, I reached into my purse for lipstick. I didn't recognize the cute cylinder I pulled out, but thinking it was a flashlight, I pressed the little button, spraying my dad and myself in the face with pepper spray. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 588
You deserved it 36 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what do you mean you didn't recognize it. it was in YOUR purse which would mean YOU put it in there which means YOU should know what it is. I don't understand how you didn't recognize it.

lionandthelamb61 9

idiot. how would you no know that wa in there?

Comments

SOCALME 3

Well it is douchey. Dear God, OP. YDI for carrying pepper spray for one. And also, why would a flashlight have a nozzle at the top? If you want it for self-defence, learn some martial arts.

Lol i completely thought it was gonna be something else cylindrical with a button on it that you pulled out your purse infront of your dad.

passionpitpanda 5

soo...the lipstick has a button?

lionandthelamb61 9

idiot. how would you no know that wa in there?

turtlemansam 6
lionandthelamb61 9

how does pepper spray resemble a flashlight at all and the button to a pepper spray is at the top I smell the bs

the_flirtt 0

This was one of the few FMLs where I feel truly sorry for OP

Don't you just love how people are correcting 13's post some people have no humour. Example "Your spelling is terrible" "No, I'm a perfekt speler."

No, you fail at typing because you didn't look at your comment before posting. It's not a big deal, but don't blame an inanimate object for something that's under your control. Just itchin to be 1st post is my guess (which you also failed at doing).

metal8214 0

52 you put "you fail at spellings so shut up" you shut up because you failed too.

1: My husband and family have a habit of putting stuff in my purse without my knowledge, either to carry for them or because they think I need it. It's annoying.

It could've been someone else's purse and was the exact same model

HeyLookOverThere 3

probably something to the effect of "AHHHBBBBBBAVAVAVAVABAAGAGAHAHAGAHAAGHAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

samanthadude 0

In addition to #3: How could you not tell the difference between a flashlight and pepper spray? FYFather'sLife. I'm guessing his eyes are a lot more vulnerable than yours.

astroid714 0

if I was ur dad ..... slap across the face..... no I'm just playin but I would be mad

She got away with spraying him, you know, because he's old and frail. He cant do anything 'cept curse her under his breath. I feel bad for the dad.

Hump_Zilla 0

if I was your dad I'd disown you for bring a dumb ****

hidingoutt7 0

why would you have a flash light in your purse?

I have one in mine. A little one for emergencies. >.<

Why would she not recognize her own pepper spray? And even if she knew she had a flashlight in her purse, she should have been able to recognize it, too.

Oops, meant #92, under #3. Moar coffeez pleez.

YouSuckAtLove 0

you keep flashlights in your purse? in mid-day?

Most people don't have different purses for different times of the day o_0

I haven't been here in a while, but back in the day, the worst posts were in reply to #1. Generally, the posts towards the bottom just repeated each other, with the occasional glimmer of intelligence. :p

QwertyMcNugget 0

;O Uhhhhmehgawsh. I luuuuuuuuuuuuve ah your shirt.

YouSuckAtLove 0

It's not just you, oc. This one's nearly as bad as the thieving sister one.

1221jamw 11

is your name Damian by any chance