By Anonymous - 14/01/2011 09:26 - United States

Spicy
Today, I acted like I always do when I'm alone in my seemingly sound-proof apartment. I sang loudly, talked back to the TV, used my vibrator. Later, in the silence of the night, I heard my neighbor next door YAWNING. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 749
You deserved it 35 832

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haha wonder how long you've lived there...

What gave you the idea that it was sound proof? The lack of complaints? Maybe the yawn was a sign that you need to spice up the vibrator show, just saying.

Comments

Was your window open? That pretty much voids any sound proofing. If both your and your neighbor's windows were open in a quite night, no wonder you can hear everything.

skyeyez9 24

The neighbors may not have been home and were at work. Which was why you never heard anything until late that night.

Ah well, if it was annoying then, they'd have complained by now. Also, it might just be that you had a window open or something.

Don't be surprised when you find a hat with a dollar or two in it in front of your door. Also... Kinki

RedPillSucks 31

Actually, Kinki is my girl friend, and I'd be pissed off if she showed up at OPs door step, especially since the hat and the dollar are mine.

Maybe you should get a louder vibrator, so there's no chance you'll hear what they're doing while they listen to you?

ulicksam 0

It's an apartment. What makes you think someone is going to spend tons of money on sound-proof walls in a building they own to make money? YDI.

Yeah, definitely this. I've only ever seen remotely sound-insulted apartments when it came to high-priced ones. Or sometimes reaaally old ones, when they used strong construction materials (I'm talking about a high-rise from the early part of the 20th century in a big city). But anything from 1960 and on, unless you're paying $900 or more a month for a 1BR, it's probably not even remotely sound-proof.

dudeitsdanny 9

Depends where you live... Most apartments in LA go for over 1300.. At least in my area.

lmao, 900 a month for a one bedroom is average in some areas.

I don't think an open window would let in sounds from next door. Unless they had back to back windows from the side,

This was meant to reply to Cinn. ******* comment bug!

An open window can make a lot of difference. Especially if the neighbour had theirs open as well. Though I think it would be more likely if the neighbour had opened their window... It was a possibility! :P

DU0 0

Silence is golden. But duct tape will always be silver. :P

Maybe your neighbour just yawns loudly. >.> Or maybe you put on a horrible show and he was kindly letting you know.

I suspect foul play here. Something tells me Mr. Neighbor Man was under your bed the whole time.