By Anonymous - 30/11/2010 06:06 - United States

Today, I asked my boyfriend what he wanted for Christmas. He then told me that he would only tell me if I promised not to get mad, so I agreed. He told me that he wants me to start working out because I'm getting fat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 621
You deserved it 33 103

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is called honesty. The best gift he could give you.

JayDawgg 0

well it's your fault for being fat

Comments

JayDawgg 0

well it's your fault for being fat

it's a reasonable request, start running fatty

Op, YDI for being fat. Obviously you were less fat when he first met you, so I'm assuming you thought the relationship meant you don't need to worry about looks anymore? YDI

but the beauty of it is that its free! saving money and pleasing loved ones!

Santa Claus told me he is giving you a gym membership this year.

hahahahahahahaa!! 21, that literally made me lol

agreed #11 some people are just "oh, now im in a relationship! no matter how fat I'm they still gonna love me!". :s

Princessx3Jamie 0
Rei_Ayanami 18

Clearly he thinks you need to lose some weight, if you have been... Expanding... Maybe you should hit the gym, you can join the others who want to lose weight as a new years resolution, but stick with it, they all quit within a month, maybe you two can go together even.

I think they should go together. working out increases sex drive!

hmm I guess I don't need to workout out then since my sex drive is as high as a guys, hah.

Working out can be fun, too. OP, I guess it kinda sucks to hear that from a bf, but go with it and start working out. You might like it, and the results can make everyone happy! However, if you think you are totally fine and your bf is being a superficial jerk, it's really totally up to you how you proceed here. Just saying, you received an honest answer.

FML_Indefinitely 0

Hey, what part of Houston do you live in?

She states that she has a very high sex drive and you ask her to specify in more detail where exactly she lives? That's not creepy...

Well that is very creepy.... I guess she should not say anything. :s

While I agree with you in that she clearly stated it to get attention, blaming his actions on hers is unacceptable. He chose to behave in a creepy fashion, and that's on him, not her.

This is called honesty. The best gift he could give you.

Oh and I guess going to the gim would be a sweet gift from you lol

Pb25797051 0

well, you going to work out or stay fat, fatty?

Whilst harsh, he may mean it in the context of him being worried for you and your health. Or he's a douche and wants you skinny so it's easier to sew his seeds without the need for imagining he is plowing some other chick. Most likely the latter.

The only thing I hoped while reading this FML is that you are really, really, really fat. If you're just less skinnier than normal, well, in that case it sucks. It's normal to be a little bit concerned about your partners looks, but if he can't stand a little change - whilst the partner is absolutely fine with it - than he's a bit egocentric. Please, be fat. Than you can work out with a good reason.

RedPillSucks 31

Chances are, though, if she's really fat, she was that way when they met. If so, he can't moan about it now. On the other hand, if she's carrying only a little weight, one could argue that he's being a douche. But she did promise not to get mad, does that make it OK to moan on FML?

Well, the "getting fat" comment at the end implies that she met him as a certain weight (which was what he liked) and has since increased from that weight, which is what boyfriend didn't sign up for, but he hasn't dumped her, which means he thinks about more than just her weight. I'm kind of in the same boat at the moment. When I met my boyfriend, he was thin and toned, but then he stopped running and exercising (which I've been trying to encourage him to start doing again) and he's starting to go to seed, which just really isn't attractive to me. Partly, just because I don't like the look of chub on a man who was previously thinner, and partly, because I've been busting my ass staying fit for both my future dream job (police officer) and for him.

stfuscrub420 0
storylogan 0

well he could have said he wanted a new girlfriend. (: