By generic_name123 - 09/03/2015 13:55 - United States - Washington

Today, I finally got the girl of my dreams' phone number. After texting her "Hey, is this Stephanie?" I got response saying "Sorry bro, I know how you feel, she did the same thing to me." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 610
You deserved it 3 355

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She seems like a horrible person. Just saying.

It sounds like she gave him the number of the last guy who asked for her number. Evil, but genius

Comments

She seems like a horrible person. Just saying.

Seriously, if you don't want to give up your number just say it. She didn't have to be a bitch.

#1 is right OP. People like that don't seem to be polite or worth it. I think you'll find somebody else who respects you a lot more in the future.

Agreed! He seems to have dodged a bullet here and maybe even made a new friend

Rawrshi 25

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe OP was pressuring her and refusing to take "no" so the girl simply grabbed the first number she could think of to get OP to leave her alone. Honestly I'd do the same thing if a guy or girl just refuses to accept no or gets aggressive at the no (it happens and as OP claims it's the girl of their dreams it's possible they got tired of waiting). Of course she could have just been feeling bitchy and refused to say no in the first place so decided to be sneaky. No way to know without both sides of the story.

SystemofaBlink41 27

Well, she's done it more than once, so she either has a clingy/aggressive-guy magnet or she's just a bitch.

Rawrshi 25

Could be either. :P Or just really bad luck to get two guys like that (it never said that the number was new so they could have been weeks or months apart). Either way, it sucks for OP that she's bitchy or that they didn't present themselves properly.

incoherentrmblr 21

Idk what's worse, getting a fake number from someone or getting a real number and never hearing from them...

On the bright side op found out it was a fake number. And a new friend.

Lots of girls do that because there are some weirdos who won't take no for an answer. Obviously not every guy does that, but just a few months ago there was a story on the news about a guy who stabbed a girl after she refused to give him her number. Sadly it's safer to lie.

Whose first text to someone is asking if it's actually them?

Clearly you're not missing out on much if she's THAT kind of girl.

IAmzephyr 22

yeah. if you ask me, OP should be happy he dodged that trainwreck

If someone asks for your number after repeated no's, how do you refuse? I've told guys honestly that I have a boyfriend and they still press me. One was being so pushy that I ended up telling him I don't have a phone. It's not easy if a guy refuses to take no as an answer.

Is this just me or anybody else has asked himself/herself how this girl was able to give the other guy's number? she was at least texting to the other guy to be able to give his number to OP, right? in that way, it doesn't make sense that OP receives that answer after texting unless two scenarios: the number given was actually that girl's number but she was just teasing him, or actually she has a friend who is helping her doing that kind of prank. I go for the first option.

Good chance to change dreams now. At least other dude knows how ya feel.

That sucks, but look at the bright side! You just made a friend via text, and you already have some common ground! Granted, that common ground is knowing a total bitch, but still, silver lining.

Take comfort in the fact that she will probably end up with some abusive douchebag.

Cozy_Blanket 16

Uh not sure she deserves to be in an abusive relationship. Don't think anyone deserves that.

ok I get she's a bitch but c'mon, getting beaten and emotionally torn up is kinda much

assassinbanana0 20

There is nothing comforting about that

Hoping that she will be abused makes you more of an asshole than she was. Just saying... You should never wish that on anybody. Take it from someone who knows. Abuse is not fun, and nobody deserves it.

Ok, that was a little harsh. Let me rephrase it: "If she keeps being a bitch, she'll probably end up with an abusive douchebag."

_awwhellnaw_ 45

No-one deserves to be in an abusive relationship regardless. Whether or not she is a bitch doesn't mean she deserves that.

At least you and your new bro can board the feelsmobile together

She just wanted to jumpstart a friendship. There's nothing wrong with that.

It sounds like she gave him the number of the last guy who asked for her number. Evil, but genius

I don't really think that you could call that genius

But how did she get the last guy's number if she gave him the wrong number? Or did she take his number and not let him ring/text it first.

IAmzephyr 22

and not only that, but she gave the last guy the number of ANOTHER guy who gave her his number.

I think she has a trend of rotating numbers. each new guy gets the last guy's number.

Connecting all the rejects - genius! They should all go out for beer together, they have the same taste for women and can talk about what a bitch she is.

you're+16 and im -14 for saying the same thing. i don't get it. oh well.

I'm sorry op- no matter how much of a bitch she is, it still hurts to be played like that.

The old fake number scheme , as old as telephones. You can do better . She didn't even have the decency to tell you she wasn't interested

I don't know if it is still going on, but the rejection hotline number like 6 years back was pretty funny lol even if you were on the receiving end it was hard not to smile.

You should have net for a beer and compared war stories You could have made a new friend. You like the same girls, who knows what else you would have in common