By Bg2466 - 15/08/2016 03:17 - United States - Pittsburgh

Today, I got a bad review on my work's Facebook page. The girl said I was very rude and I should never work with the public. I was trying to flirt with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 135
You deserved it 15 720

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Talis99 26

Then YDI. Don't flirt with your customers for one.

You should never ever flirt with people on the job, neither customers or other employees. That's not appropriate in a work environment where you are supposed to be professional, and it also makes some customers uncomfortable and puts them in an awkward position.

Comments

Angelrose2004 17

You're a terrible flirt if she thought you were just being rude! Sorry, OP. Flirting doesn't come natural to some.

It doesn't matter "how you flirt", flirting with customers while at work is rude regardless.

Angelrose2004 17

Hey, I didn't excuse the flirting. It's pretty stupid in my opinion to mix business with pleasure. But it is still pretty terrible if your flirting is read as rude.

You missed the point. It wasn't that the flirting was being taken as rude, it's that OP was being rude for flirting.

Talis99 26

Then YDI. Don't flirt with your customers for one.

Let's count the reasons, how about starting with inappropriate.

Talis99 26

He's getting paid to serve drinks or whatever, not pick up chicks. He might have made her uncomfortable or just be inappropriate like comment on her ****. He might have been nasty or dismissive if she shot him down--we got one side. Anyway, there's some reasons, 32.

metalcrazed 21

It's unprofesional and awkward.

In some situations, flirting on workplace can even make female customers scared: for example, hotels or taxis. A taxi driver was trying to flirt with me the other night, but the situation felt almost like harassment. He kept telling me how much he likes girls of Eastern European origin and how pretty he considered me to be (in a late night taxi, when I had already given him my home address and I live alone), he tried to get me to reveal my workplace and full name. As we got there, I only had a larger note. He was deliberately stalling with exchange money, while asking "Which pubs do you go to? Where could I see you again?" I ended up telling him to keep the change and running inside. Still considering a complaint as well.

you also probably left the complaint on OP's Facebook page

Unless you work as a dancer at a strip club, you probably shouldn't be flirting with customers, OP.

Or if they start flirting first. In that case they don't mind and would probably be more upset if you didn't flirt back.

But even then, you do have to stay somewhat professional.

You should never ever flirt with people on the job, neither customers or other employees. That's not appropriate in a work environment where you are supposed to be professional, and it also makes some customers uncomfortable and puts them in an awkward position.

I think the only exception to this would be bartenders/ erotic dancers-- customer wise. Aside from that, it can make coworkers and customers ( who your job is to please and make sure they want to come back with exceptional service ) highly uncomfortable or disgruntled. So really, anyone should "follow" Rule #2, it's common sense.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is rule #2(I tried googling, but there are a lot of different rule #2s)?

It's funny because my customers put ME in an uncomfortable position. I'm paid to help these people, not to be getting hit on for hire. There's two sides to every story.

skyttlz 32

I had a fast food cashier slip his number into my to-go bag and was flirting with me while I was waiting. asking me my name and where I worked. finding his number in my bag did make me a bit uncomfortable and I didn't want to go back there alone.

#49. Rule #2 is my life rule about not flirting with women at your or her workplace. Rule #1 is; never go streaking in winter without your keys.

I agree, your at work, don't flirt with customers, i would have fired you for such un-business like conduct. customers want help, help them.

Work is absolutely not the place to be flirting with people. You are there to do your job, not to find a potential date. I would have given you a negative review too.

Maybe she misinterpreted your moves or what you were saying. Be bolder next time. "You and me need to get a cup of coffee."

Completely inappropriate while on the job..

What do you think you are, some sort of Jedi? Waving your hand around like that.

Talis99 26

"You and I* need to get a cup of coffee. But not here because I won't be working here much longer."

neuronerd 28

She probably picked up on your intentions. Flirting with customers is inappropriate and rude. I once had a waiter leave me his number on my copy of the receipt (along with showing up at the bar my friends and I had been talking about going to after). I felt I couldn't go back to the restaurant again, though in hindsight, I probably should have just complained to the manager.

Maybe that is exactly why she thought you were rude.

It's ok buddy... You'll wheel em next time