By wellfuck - 15/07/2016 23:04 - United States - Clarksville

Today, I got a call from a job I had applied for. Everything went great until I realized I had applied to the wrong location, across town. I'm so broke, I went to the interview anyway. It will cost me more to pay for the gas to drive there to work, than what I will actually make. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 114
You deserved it 2 273

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe see if the other location will accept you since that location did? Good luck OP

Could you look into moving closer to the job? It's alright to decline the offer if it doesn't work for you.

Comments

Could you look into moving closer to the job? It's alright to decline the offer if it doesn't work for you.

That seems unlikely unless your in Nashville and it's a minimum wage job. Which at that point you're better off not working it.

What you just said was "You're lying, but if you're not, give up and remain broke." I'd suggest you take OP's word for it and proffer some advice or stay quiet.

No, he said, and i quote, "That's unlikely". The author also said that they would spend more money then she would make on gas, therefore creating a negative profit, therefore, the author shouldn't work it because they would lose money.

platnum42 8

Actually, I'm with the comment on this one. As a Tennessee resident, most of our "towns" are pretty small, with Nashville or Knoxville being the two largest in area to have gas be that big of an issue unless OP is driving a monster truck to work

Maybe see if the other location will accept you since that location did? Good luck OP

Maybe you could take public transport until another job opens up closer to you? Or ask a friend who works on that same side of town if you can carpool? It's tough. Good luck OP

Perhaps you could try public transportation or a carpool. There are some other options that it can't hurt to try!

You literally just said what #4 said

#27 They commented at the same time, so he probably didn't see it before posting.

If you apply online, it's an easy mistake to make.

I had some teenager, her mother, her grandmother, her newborn sibling, and their dog show up at my old place of work, asking about an interview she had set up with my store. Turns out she not only came a day late, but arrived at my store - the wrong store - for the interview. She had booked it for another store literally across the state. When I told her this, her mother, who spoke almost no English went into a fit of rage and demanded I still offer her daughter the job. Long story short, it's a good thing you at least showed up to the right location on the right day, no matter how far away.

I'd say mention that to the company, since they did show interest in hiring, they may offer you a job at the closer location. Best of luck OP..

I'd take the job, then try to transfer to the other location.

Yep if you've already been hired at one branch it's a lot easier to transfer than to apply again from scratch

Jesus Christ are you driving a tank? Driving across town costs more money than you would make in an entire day of work? I had a friend who drove an hour and a half every day for a minimum wage job and she still made money.

I drive a diesel truck. And I am a college student. I won't be working 40 hours a week. And I live in a rural area, so across town is pretty far away, especially for a fast food job.

that's the price you pay when you own a diesel. don't drive it if you can't fill it....

Maybe it's just an evening job for like 2hours, not a full day.