By Blerp - 22/01/2017 10:00

Today, I got chewed out by my boss for not doing my job. Turns out what's described in my job description, contract, and job title isn't my job. My real job is outlined in the footnote of my contract. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 768
You deserved it 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did they not train you and show you what you were supposed to be doing when you started?

Well people should really read any legally binding document in their entirety. I know that it's not something many people scrutinize in great detail and is highly misleading and not very good work practice but realistically you need to read and understand any documents you're signing- and if you don't understand have someone look over the documents who can advise if you're signing your soul away into slavery.

Comments

sonasonic 34

The terms and conditions of the terms and conditions. What were they thinking?

Did they not train you and show you what you were supposed to be doing when you started?

Really?? They expect people to read the footnotes to find valuable information??

Well people should really read any legally binding document in their entirety. I know that it's not something many people scrutinize in great detail and is highly misleading and not very good work practice but realistically you need to read and understand any documents you're signing- and if you don't understand have someone look over the documents who can advise if you're signing your soul away into slavery.

Where I come from job descriptions must be accurate. Might be worth looking into if things go south.

species4872 19

Well it doesn't help us. You didn't tell us what you're doing now opposed to what you should be doing.

Fireant_man 6

Hope you get fired because you suck at your job. Next time let's hope your boss can hire someone who can read and understand

Connor1623 10

Said it kind of harsh but I agree the persons fault for not reading the contract of something important

Footnotes aren't supposed to contain important information like that. They're supposed to use for clarifying or reference points. The job description shouldn't be in the footnotes.

lone_fenrir_1 1

why would someone add anything important to a spot where stuff that is linked to something else? I mean I.e. Wikipedia article read s Justin bieber and the whole article is really miley cyrus both celebrities no one likes