By PookaKay02 - 20/09/2011 04:26 - United States

Today, I realize that my boyfriend's breath quite literally smells like a sewer. It wouldn't be so bad, except that he tries to kiss me about every ten minutes, and I have to hold my breath. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 028
You deserved it 8 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saIty 17

Just before he tries to get smoochy, pop 10 mints in your mouth. Then as you engage contact spit them all in his mouth.

perdix 29

Get a job at the local wastewater treatment plant so you can be around the smell of raw sewage all day. You'll get accustomed to it and your boyfriend's mouth will just taste like work. Or get a new boyfriend.

Comments

EffinToofer 3

No one has mentioned one of the most important parts of oral hygiene: flossing. You can brush and use mouthwash, but if you don't floss, there is still bacteria between your teeth and gums and your breath can still stink.

Give him the ultimaeum: Brush your friggen' teeth or Get the **** Out.

saIty 17

Just before he tries to get smoochy, pop 10 mints in your mouth. Then as you engage contact spit them all in his mouth.

BellaBelle_fml 23

That would help that make-out session, but it doesn't fix the whole problem. OP should just talk to her bf about his halitosis.

#3 have you had to put this into practice? XD

Shadow_Phantom 26

Speak up, woman! I mean FYL, but you kinda deserve it. Tell him he needs to brush, and use mouthwash while he's at it...

Tell him there is three things he can try: go see a dentist about his halitosis. Brush his teeth and tongue. Lastly keep hydrated

Because she is not so picky to make an entire list of things she finds in a guy. Bad breath is quite a minor problem, compared to B.O at least.

If he can't take care of his mouth, then shouldn't she worry what else he doesn't care about? D:

Sometimes bad breath is harder to get rid of and can't be solved with just brushing and mouthwash. It could be some kind of gum disease or stomach problem. It's not always the persons fault.

mistersheezy 7

Invest in a backbone. You can't have a relationship without having total honesty.

Very true.. However, I feel your pain OP, 'cause I had the same problem with my ex. Straight up, he only brushes his teeth MAYBE 10 times a year.

There's nothing wrong with telling someone that they need to take care of their mouth, especially if they're going to be kissing you.

perdix 29

Get a job at the local wastewater treatment plant so you can be around the smell of raw sewage all day. You'll get accustomed to it and your boyfriend's mouth will just taste like work. Or get a new boyfriend.

pfx2_fml 15

Was this before or after he ate you out?

yamatelle 19

Insist on 10 times of teeth brushing + listerine before the next kiss?

yamatelle 19

That wasn't meant for this comment. FML is going crazy again.