By Help Me - 18/01/2015 03:45 - Canada - Calgary

Today, I saw a little old lady trying to cross the street. I went over and tried to help her. Turned out she was actually just a really short young woman. As soon as I took her arm, she screamed in front of everyone and accused me of trying to molest her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 323
You deserved it 8 480

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iTzSelverZz 14

I think you were suppose to ask her if she needs help first.

TomeDr 24

Why would you grab her arm without asking her first?

Comments

ThatLobster 24

Don't you dare let that bring you down op. You did a good thing. It's the thought that counts, right? :)

How is that a good thing? He should have offered his assistance, not just grabbed a stranger's arm.

TomeDr 24

Actually I agree with both #1 and #15. OP's heart was in the right place but his method was a bit off.

ThatLobster 24

Just trying to be supportive. I mean he got accused if being a molester for pete sakes. If that happened to me I would probably be too scared to help someone. But I'm just trying to be optimistic, the whole "grab her arm" thing was a bad move though.

incoherentrmblr 21

I feel as though it could've been the woman from Orphan...

iTzSelverZz 14

I think you were suppose to ask her if she needs help first.

Yeah if someone of the street just grabbed my arm I would of screamed, well not rape but you know. OP heart was in the right place

TomeDr 24

Why would you grab her arm without asking her first?

But I'm glad you tried to do something nice! Decent people like you give me hope.

Nice of you to help, just double check next time

Just for future reference you don't just grab someones arm, you ask them first if they need any help...

Step one: check to see if person is actually an old lady (how do you mistake that when you're close enough to grab their arm?). Step two: ask if they would like help. Step three: if offer of help is accepted, then feel free to help. While it's nice that you were willing, common sense dictates that you don't just go up to a stranger and grab them unannounced. That's not often well-received, even with the elderly.

If they have a winter coat with a hood and a scarf covering their face, it's hard to tell. Especially from behind.

46, you say it like it's some sort of justification. It's not. Know how to get around the issue of them being covered up for winter? Ask if they need help crossing the street. It's really quite simple.