By Anonymous - 28/10/2015 04:10 - Australia - Brisbane

Spicy
Today, I tried to hold my new boyfriend's hand while on a date. He let go quickly though, letting me know that we aren't at "that stage" of the relationship yet. We've been having sex for two weeks now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 096
You deserved it 5 852

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hate to be THAT person on FML, but I would seriously consider leaving that relationship. If he's ******* you but can't be bothered to hold your hand in public, that's a bit of a red flag. Then again you could always talk to him, but this just seems a bit suspect to me. EDIT: And to the comments before me, using sex as a weapon is immature.

Comments

Sorry to say but that guy's not your boyfriend. He sounds more like a **** buddy.

Its not that bad of a thing, assuming they are on the same page.

Some people just aren't comfortable with PDA. It's completely separate from the physical intimacy you share in private and it doesn't necessarily mean he's ashamed of you or anything against you personally. When I fist starting dating my husband, we had some similar issues. It hurt me because he was a theater major and they are a generally touchy-feely bunch. I would see him share playful physical contact with all of his friends, but he was embarrassed to kiss me in public and wasn't big on holding hands, because that felt like a more private act to him. Eventually he grew more comfortable and now he's just as likely to be the one reaching for my hand as the other way around.

GIANT RED FLAG!! And why would you give the best part of you away so carelessly? I don't understand that

This is why I always wait to have sex in a relationship no matter what!

Looks like it's your fault For banging someone before developing the relationship.

I think he's at the stage of using your body but not letting the whole world know that you are together.

stop having sex till he holds hands. someone can't win a marathon if they don't work for it and run.

everybody know it goes kissing, over the shirt, under the shirt, hand stuff, mouth stuff, sex, anal, light kink, hand holding, heavy kink. that's common knowledge.

I'll be honest. The only reasons I could ever be in the bf's position would be a) Just wanting to have a friend with benefits because my mind is "somewhere" else or b) The girl is too ugly and I feel ashamed to show I'm with her, but not ugly enough to have fun with.