By :( - 14/06/2013 04:06 - United States - Parker

Today, I was at a swim meet, swimming as hard as I'd ever swum before. During the last lap I saw no one in the lanes next to me. Thinking I was first, I became extremely excited. When I came to the wall, I realized the reason no one else was around: They already finished the race. I was last. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 309
You deserved it 7 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Times like theses... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming"

Woah! Did you feel that gush of wind? Oh nevermind, that was just the joke going over your head.

Comments

Times like theses... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming"

what if she gets tired? humans aren't fish.

Woah! Did you feel that gush of wind? Oh nevermind, that was just the joke going over your head.

The hardest he has ever swam in his life but got last place, and you think he will do better next time? I'm sorry but that sounds pretty unlikely. I think OP should pick a new sport, like chess or checkers maybe.

Kozmotis 8

#47 You're a lovely ray of sunshine, aren't you?

#47, it's people like you that put me off sport for life. Instead of bitching people out give them some ******* encouragement you ****!

This is FML, not a peer support group.74 you probably sucked at sports too, ****.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

you tried your best ,,, keep at it & before you know you'll be 1st for reals

TheDrifter 23

Practice makes perfect. Now, to decide if I have mastered cup usage or become an alcoholic.

If practice makes perfect and no ones perfect then why practice?

PimpdaddyCJT 13

Keep trying and eventually you will win!

Why are these types of comments thumbed down? It's good advice for OP. Plus with practice and dedication OP could have a higher chance of coming in first place.

Don't worry, if you keep practicing you could be first one day!

And an astronaut. And the president. And aquaman. Or just a loser.

grahmagog 14

First or last....you still tried

I know I am going to regret this, but I just can't help myself... swum*

So it IS swum. I spent a good minute looking at it and thinking so, but then I just thought "maybe I've been saying it wrong this entire time."

EDIT: Actually, I just checked a couple of legitimate English language sites, and apparently both are considered correct. They're both the past participle for "swim". So we're all correct.

FALSE to swim. v. swam (swm), swum (swm), swim·ming, swims Doc: polish your grammar

Hollandiscrazy - The past participle of "swim" is "swum". This is a fact and not up for debate or a matter if opinion.

perdix 29

The simple past of "swim" is "swam" and the past participle is "swum." "Swam" is correct in this context.

I honestly don't think I've ever heard that used before. I guess that's what living in Kentucky gets me.

perdix 29

#40, you are right. As the sentence appears now, "swam" is correct. If "had" had been there, then "swum" would be right. I wish the zods would make a note when a story is edited for spelling or grammar.

Or when they've arbitrarily deleted my penis, as I've seen happen many times.

well I can't even swim so it's not all bad :)