Tough choice

By Anonymous - 12/02/2019 00:00

Today, my new anxiety medicine fully entered my system. It makes me shit my brains out. I can either fart and risk shitting my pants every time or I can be too anxious to even enter a public place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 231
You deserved it 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Gofuckyourself 24

It would be best to go back to your doctor and tell your doctor about this. You'll either get different meds or other ways to cope with your anxiety. No point in taking meds that are just going to make you anxious, that won't solve anything.

SPG 7

Definitely go back and tell the doctor. I had to try 3 different ones until I got one that worked for me. It's a process but things get better.

Comments

Gofuckyourself 24

It would be best to go back to your doctor and tell your doctor about this. You'll either get different meds or other ways to cope with your anxiety. No point in taking meds that are just going to make you anxious, that won't solve anything.

EmDizzle2007 28

sounds like the effects of Linzess.

your doctor gave you medicine for diarrhea..

SPG 7

Definitely go back and tell the doctor. I had to try 3 different ones until I got one that worked for me. It's a process but things get better.

I literally had 14 before I found the one. (&gave up twice for a few years in the process)

bliadddrwg42 4

I'm glad you both find what worked for you, that's so awesome. OP, what was the medication they gave you? if it's short acting (for acute anxiety i.e. panic attacks) then you definer need to go talk to your doc. if it's a long acting medication that needs to get into your system, like an SSRI, then this is a fairly common side effect. but on the upside that side effect will go away with time. either way, at the very least call your doctor's office and tell them what's happening and go from there.

Gofuckyourself 24

Honestly, in my experience.. medication wasn't the answer but counseling was. I found other ways to cope with my anxiety. I have emergency medication, ativan, and I only take it when I feel a panic attack is about to happen.

I don’t have anxiety, but if I took meds that made me shit uncontrollably, I’d get it! Sounds like a... ...wait on it... ...shitty medication.

bloopaloop 27

Anxious medicine? Quit being a millennial.

Gofuckyourself 24

*Anxiety medication, it is a thing.

colderthanyou 15

Excuse me? Get off your high horse, baby boomer. Anxiety medication helps some people function in society and helps them hold a job and live a normal life.

bloopaloop 27

So does getting spanked as a kid, not getting a participation trophy, hurting yourself trying to do something but doing it anyway, and not being coddled on the Internet by people like you. Also, there's a lot of people between baby boomers and millennials. To include "millennial aged" people who aren't.

Listing things you hate doesn't alter the science behind why anxiety is a real thing and how medication can help.

Gofuckyourself 24

Bloopaloop, you should know how mental health works.. regardless of your generation. OPs do tend to see these posts and I get it.. maybe getting coddled on the internet isn't the way to go. But why throw negativity their way? They are just people. As a mental health advocate, I pray you never have to come across it in your family. Because although it is a disease that cannot be seen, it is VERY real.

Yeah, you sound like you’ve lived a tough life... I actually think getting spanked as a kid has caused a lot more anxiety than the opposite... there’s a reason many countries have made it illegal. That being said, anxiety disorders aren’t a new thing, it’s just that people from your generation have made it shameful to admit you have a problem, making people suffer in silence and never seeking help.

bl3ur0z3 17

Or you can talk to your dr about changing your meds. I tried 5 different neds before I found one that felt balanced.

Talk to your doctor about a different medication.

jellenwood 35

There are so many anxiety medicines out there. Talk to your doctor about trying a different one.