Awkward silence

By Boothater - 03/04/2009 05:10 - United States

Today, the director of the play I'm in decided to show us an example of the type of shoes we would be wearing in the show. She brings in a pair of hideous black combat boots, and I remark how ugly they are. They're her own favorite boots. I had to carpool with her after rehearsal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 551
You deserved it 60 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dude, black boots in general = awesome. and I agree with #1, you don't insult what the director brings in, often enough they'll like it or it is theirs.

Why would you remark negatively on something that could potentially become your costume?! If you have something negative to say about something you can't change, don't comment because it won't do you any good. Or you could have at least said it more subtly... And agree with #3, black boots are pretty awesome. Combats in particular.

Comments

#20, what footwear would you suggest for walking through muddy, melting snow which is the winter-spring norm in my region? Or how about a swamp? Or a LARPG in the middle of a forest where there are no actual roads?

ihatestupidpeopl_fml 0

NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID STORY

infantrygirl 0

Hey, combat boots are awesome. =) But I really don't see how this is an FML...

Why would you automatically insult the director? Why would you automatically just insult anything that another person, that you work with, but another person period? No reason to be rude.

Lame. I'm not sure the director is gonna get THAT butt hurt over you insulting her boots. Who cares? Shut up and quit your bitchin'!

"Hey sorry i insulted your favorite pair of boots. I didn't mean to offend you at all, they're just not really my style." Problem solved. @ 28... seconded.

My sister refers to them as dyke boots. Coincidentally our other sister happens to be a lesbian, and not particularly feminine, and loves those boots. My condolences anyway. Hope your foot didn't taste too bad.

Honey, you need to introduce that director to a certain show called What Not to Wear