Gooooooooooal!

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Portland

Today, I finally scored a goal in a soccer game. Too bad it was in our own net. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 940
You deserved it 38 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When I made my first basket it was in the other teams basket. I was so embarrassed I cried. The refs gave them a point for it. That was the one point they beat us by...

Heads up OP. A goal is a goal! While you sit on the bench for the next few games you can see how it should be done. Just tell your coach you were trying to confuse the other team by working your way from the back up. Good luck.

Comments

Wealthyparrot 9

You should join the other team.

I spent two hours trying to do this on purpose in EA FIFA2012. And failed. Blame your goalie, OP.

Ducreaux 7

YDI for playing soccer at all

YDI for playing soccer past the age of 7

For god's sake, it's called football not soccer > . >. Your country speaks English as its official language, same as the country who made it popular. You could at least use the same name. Lol.

RedPillSucks 31

You do realize that North America has another sport that they call "football", right? Ok, so they use their hands to throw or carry the ball, and hardly ever kick the ball, but it's FOOTBALL, damn it! ;-/

You do realize that America doesn't have an official language, right? And that what we speak is referred to by linguists as 'American English' because it's differed enough over the years to become it's own dialect. The Brits speak 'British English' by way of comparison. When the Cambridge University Press estimates that approximately 2/3's of the native speakers in the world are from America, it stops being your language and becomes a common one in my opinion. Kinda like Cheddar Cheese used to only come from a specific town or county in England. Now it's made in dozens if not scores of countries.

TVKill3r 15

Different area, different language, go eat a ham.

For god's sake, this is the United States, and we have another sport we call football. You want us to call it something we've already got. It isn't going to happen and our sport isn't going away, so don't bother. On top of that we do NOT have an official language. Our country MOSTLY speaks English, but no, we do not have an official language. The reason we don't is political, the higher ups like that our country is a cultural melting pot and wish to keep it that way. This leads them to not name an official language. I wish we had an official language so I could tell off anyone that couldn't speak English. Its so frustrating to have someone come here, and then tell us how to talk or speak. Telling us that WE should learn Spanish, French, or Italian. Hey, I got an idea, if you are speaking with someone from a foreign country (while in said country) how about you try to learn their mannerisms and speak their language? I don't even like football nor do I like YOUR football. Just thought I'd point out that you were being massively rude by trying to correct something that needn't be corrected.

RedPillSucks 31

I agree with you up to the bottom of the paragraph. Americans are famous for going to other countries and assuming that everyone speaks english. We tend not to bother learning another language, so we can't be too pissed off when people go to America and don't speak english right away.

You didn't 'already have your own football'. Football comes from the medieval period, and was made popular throughout the world by the British Empire. Meaning it came over to America when America was part of the British Empire. Whereas the first American Football game was in 1869. Which was after America was ceded from the Empire.

my first basket in basketball was in the other teams net. the whole game stopped, everyone stared at me and they counted the point. i was crying and my coach was like "what's wrong?"

an3ph 20

No worries. There are more important things in life. I once made a goal with my face.