Moral panic #2766

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Canada - Kamloops

Today, my sister shared a post on Facebook which talked about how "gays" are destroying the "sanctity of marriage." I couldn't help but point out that she's been married 3 times in the last 7 years, while I've been happily married to my wife for nearly 9. She deleted my comment then blocked me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 264
You deserved it 2 483

Top comments

It's 2016....people need to learn to accept other people's sexualities by now

In the words of Bronn; There's no cure for bein' a ****.

Comments

pleasedie 22

I wouldn't worry too much about her opinion. She's clearly a sad and pathetic individual

Since people typically say that gay marriage should be illegal because of religion, I can say that denying a gay couple to marry violates the freedom of religion.

Thank you! I've been explaining that for years! But that concept just bounces off the minds of those who aren't able to think for themselves, unfortunately.

LyingBlood 8

but in the big three religions being gay is a sin, and marriage is a unity in which a couple can have sex with each other, and bare the others child

I mean, I'm sure other things are common in the three big religions you'd rather not have around. And it doesn't matter because freedom of religion also can mean freedom to have no religion or freedom to have one other than those three. You can't base laws off religion, big religions agreeing or not. Not to mention those religions have no claim on the concept of marriage. Not to start of infertile people or people who never want kids. They can still marry, and gays can adopt if they want. Having kids =/= marriage

Technically, one should not say gay marriage but civil union. "Marriage" has a religious connotation, but, officially anyway, it is civil. Also, you can't include religion in every marriage, not everybody is religious, many non-religious people also get married religiously (because of family, of their partner, for practical reasons ...). But otherwise I do agree with you, denying gay people their right to marry the one their love is a violation of their freedom and of their rights ! They are people like everyone else, and some tend to forget that ...

Marriage stopped having a religious connotation when it became part of the government. End of story.

The definitions I find of marriage say "a legally or formally recognized union" or something similar. No religion mentioned. And if it IS connected to religions, which religion has claim? None. It can be as religious or nonreligious as you want.

"Bare" the other's child? I'm not sure which religion (or species) or that matter is into bearing each other's children. Typically only the female can bear children. I wish my husband could bear a child, would be nice!

Marriage is not solely a religious thing. Atheists get married all the time. It can be religious, but it can also be purely legal and social with nothing to do with religion.

askullnamedbilly 33

How dare you befoul the sanctity of her second divorce with your evil homosexual ways, OP! Whatever shall her third husband think about your family? Her children may all have different baby daddies, but she'll be damned before she lets them think that being happily married to a person of their own sex is anywhere near okay!

Good riddance? You can't choose your blood, but you can, however, choose with whom you associate yourself.

It's like all of you are atheists the way that you are commenting. I'm not a hater, i don't judge gays at all. But i'm not pro-gay marriage. I don't give a shit what your guys's opinion of political correctness is, i follow the ways of the bible. I believe that marriage is sacred and the only reason one should ever be divorced is if their partner is unfaithful.

You wouldn't know what the truth was if it smacked you in the face.

tarlax 11

Not sure why people are taking offense at this. He's obviously talking about OP's sister getting butthurt. The truth hurt her so much that she blocked OP and deleted her post...

Just leave it. No room for that kind of crap in your life

She got ROASTED! OP PLEASE GIVE US THE LINK!

"OP, give us the link to your personal social media account".

Nikki 16

Well OP’s blocked so really only her evil sisters account

mariri9206 32

If that's really how she feels about it, then you are so much better off without her.

You can't stop people from being *****.