By Oh Deer - 14/02/2017 18:26 - United States - Phoenix

Today, a deer hit my car. I stopped to check on it, expecting it to be dead in the road or a ditch. The fucker was staring at me from the top of the hill and pranced off just fine. I get $800 in front-end damage and I'm still finding hair and fecal matter on my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 041
You deserved it 726

IDidntKillADeer tells us more.

IDidntKillADeer 0

OP here, first of all I didn't expect this to get published. I was just blowing off steam on my favorite site. So, for the rude people, no i am not mad the deer didn't die. If anything I'm happy. This happened 3 years ago in Michigan. It was summer and deer weren't known to be around this BUSY road. My insurance did cover the damages. Me and the deer walked away shaken but alright. I had called a officer to the scene to make a report for the insurance and he had found the deer nearby with some scrapes. The only sad thing is that Bambi's mother was watching from a nearby hill and I'm pretty sure all animals are out to get me now as this wasnt my last incident with an animal hitting my car. Thank you to the funny and thoughtful people who commented. Again, I never expected this to get published nor seen. So don't be a Dick. I'm sensitive. ???

Top comments

I'd be happy for the deer. It's not like it deserved to die to justify the damages.

Soooo is it an FML cause the deer didn't died and left you with the damages?

Comments

Soooo is it an FML cause the deer didn't died and left you with the damages?

jcash52426 5

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
tantanpanda 26

Saying "you should pay more attention" followed by "it's not your fault" Doesn't make sense. Best thing to do is to buy one of those deer whistles at Walmart or something.

IDidntKillADeer 0

OP here, do you really believe im mad the deer survived? Some people are too serious for the internet.

jcash52426 5

I don't care if the dear lived or died I was just trying to say that you need to be careful when you drive but even if you are accidents can happened.

Some people are too sensitive for the internet

I'd be happy for the deer. It's not like it deserved to die to justify the damages.

At least the deer lived! $800 is worth another being's life.... Probably....

if my car was damaged to hell I would at least want some venison to make up for it.

So let's get this straight, you literally knocked the shit out of a deer, and it's an FML because it didn't die?

IDidntKillADeer 0

No. It isn't an FML because he didn't die. Its a FML because honestly, I totaled my front end because a deer decided to test death and survived and I paid for his suicide attempt. FFS. Im not heartless. I was more concerned about the deer than my own car. I just thought I'd share my experience and warn others about suicidal animals. Even see a pigeon sit in the middle of the street and get hit? That's totally a suicide attempt. Can we all just laugh at the fact the deer survived but my car had to have a lot of body work done? Deer 1 Car 0

Probably went somewheres and ****** dropped dead.

IDidntKillADeer 0

He was alive 3 years ago. But hunting season has come and gone 3 times since then so I doubt hes still alive but I pray he is because he deserves a life of seldom for the shit he endured.

Probably went somewheres and ****** dropped dead.

Not everyone has full coverage. Why is this so hard to comprehend (not necessarily directed towards you but a lot of people think this way) yes not all of us are rich and can afford full coverage.

This is literally how the Melissa Mccarthy movie "Tammy" starts. Like almost exactly.