By ostler - 02/12/2009 13:27 - United Kingdom

Today, at work I was told I'd be working over Christmas because I don't drink. Apparently if you're tee-total, you're not entitled to spend time with your family and are incapable of having fun. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 874
You deserved it 3 927

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tee-total means that you do not drink alcohol. Ever. FYL for having a crappy work enviroment. Get it in writing and then take it up with higher management . . . Personally I think you should get extra time off for not wasting company time with hangovers like the others!

Comments

Its easy, he probably told them. And btw OP, they cant stop you taking holidays because you dont drink, your probably too slow in taking your holidays. So really, you deserve it. If you're not fast, you're last.

It doesn't matter. Just don't show up and tell them you were drinking, after all, their REASON for keeping you there is because you DON'T drink. If you said you did, you'll be alright.

FMLinCA 12
mj2123 0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teetotalism

sarcdude 3

huh, learn something new every day.

How does "delicious" mean something tastes good? It's a word. It has a meaning.

yeah but tee total just sounds gay. and incorrect.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Tee-total means that you do not drink alcohol. Ever. FYL for having a crappy work enviroment. Get it in writing and then take it up with higher management . . . Personally I think you should get extra time off for not wasting company time with hangovers like the others!

pretend to have started drinking and take the time off

Welcome too my world Lol Dont worry we will have ours in the afterlife... This world we dont want!

Teetotal, you don't dash it. It means you abstain from alcohol consumption all together. You could easily file discrimination suit about that.

youthink_fml 0

There's no law that says you can't make business decisions on someone's drinking habits. They don't need a reason at all to schedule an employee to work.

glasswater 0

If his abstinence is based in religion, then there's definitely laws that prohibit this.

But the suit will only work if OP can prove that's why he/she was scheduled. The boss can always claim OP didn't request it off or something. There really is no way of proving discrimination here.

This. ******* this. Show up ******* wasted just to spite them.