By Anonymous - 11/03/2010 05:04 - United States

Today, I was applying some acne ointment. The directions said, "Apply a thin layer, covering the entire affected area." In other words, for me: My entire face. Lovely. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 431
You deserved it 4 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DareToDream7 0

What the hell are you talking about? You don't know shit about anything. I have astham and smoking ANYTHING is probably the worst thing to do. I've gotten asthma attacks from being near someone who was smoking. Asthma makes you unable to breath, so why the hell would you destroy your lungs with smoke, dipshit? You use your inhaler when you have asthma, it opens up your lungs. Don't say shit like that when you don't know what you're talking about. Oh, and acne, keeping your face clean and not touching it doesn't prevent acne, its genetic. My mom had cystic acne so I have cystic acne. I don't have oily or "dirty" skin, in fact I have dry skin. But its oily underneath so that's what causes it. I wash my face at LEAST twice a day, and only touch it to apply moisturizer, acne medication, and the likes. So please, don't talk about stuff you don't know, you just make yourself sound like an idiot.

Comments

and that's bad why?? you should put it everywhere anyway so u don't get more acne.

I'm so glad I read this early so I won't have to see all the comments about how to fix one's face bla bla sunlight bla bla eat right bla bla. then the other people explaining how that doesn't always work bla bla. then someone comments on grammar and the whole comment thing falls into a shitty arguement about snick or whatever/ whoever. FML is getting really boring.

cater2U 0

these fmls are so lame it makes me not want to be on here anymore

iHyuMeng 0

your whole face is a big acne and I m going to pop your face

haha I started tanning to clear my skin and that's the only thing that worked 100% for me. I just go once a week now to maintain that. haven't had a pimple since I started that. also moisterized skin doesn't break out as much. so keep that in mind.

why have acne when you can have skin cancer? once a week is WAY to much idiot.

QueenPersephone 9

If you have acne all over your face where exactly were you expecting you would have to put the ointment? FYL indeed op, not for having to put ointment all over your face, but for having to learn common sense from a bottle of acne medicine.

ashlieghhmarie21 0

I'm confused.... :/ where's the fml? the fact that you have acne all over your face...? well... I'm pretty sure a huge number of people go through the "acne stage" therefore this fml is lame and not really a fml

tehamericanboy94 0

Tanning once a week? Shit.. just go run and get off the computer OP, drink water.. Unless you're one of the unlucky ones who get uncontrolable acne.

Yeah, idgi. Aren't those the instructions for every ointment you ever have to use? People get acne. It may differ in severity, but at least you've made the decision to do something about it. Also, tanning once a week makes me cringe. Everyone's skin is different, but tanning beds = how I got melanoma.

I used to have bad acne, and I used a ton of crap to try to cure it... sun, proactive, diffirin (sp?)... and none of that worked for me. But then my mom suggested sugar... it's worked for nearly everyone I've suggested it to now. Just keep a tupperware full of sugar next to your shower. While you're in the shower, wet your face, grab some sugar, scrub for a full minute, and wash it off. I don't even use moisturizers. It's awesome! Super cheap, too. :)

Monikabug 9

OP, acne is a natural part of life, I myself had uncontrollable acne in the early teen years. It gets better with time and care. Just keep using the ointments, and then your acne will die down, and therefore you will have to use less and less of the ointment. (I do not know about the tanning tip, but I do tan once a week. But, its not for everyone, and that can get expensive!) However, the number one tip that really helps me keep control of my skin? Hot water and a wash cloth. After you remove your make-up, simply put a wash cloth under warm (or hot) water and SCRUB. It works for me anyways. ツ Good luck with your acne, but for now FYL.

Heres a well-weird idea for those people who cringe at tanning. Its called the sun. Its called getting shirtless - if you're a guy, this is easier - and doing some gardening. Clearing all kinds of b/achne like a charm.

#94: The reason I cringe at tanning is because I've already had melanoma. Got it at 23. Also, my skin doesn't tan, it just burns and peels....which leads to a higher chance of getting melanoma, again.

bugmenotmofo 34
epound28 0

This is not an FML. Nasty ****, wash your face. When you get older, those pockmarks aren't cool. Just take a razor and shave your whole face real hard, then put peroxide on the bloody fleshy shit left, then soak it in hot ass salt water, then rinse with plain hot ass water. You'll be clean in no time.

yummy puss fetish anyone? didn't think so. go to the doctor for that it's gross

Dont_Explain 3

don't even complain, I have had pimples all down my chest, back, arms and all over my face. that's nothing in comparison, I hate to use ointment AND take some pills to fix it. My face is still fairly bad aswell... after 4 months of that embarrassement. FML

tweetbaby14 18

96 how come on every fml that has the word tanning in it you go and try to collect sympathy by saying that you have melanoma I'm sorry but no one really cares and i'm not saying that you don't just shut up about it is all I ask because I don't go on every fml ad advertise my grandma is in the hospital

that's not much of an FML, I used to have acne until a week ago when I got a sunburn and started washing my face more frequently :P

slimm_shadyy 0

Washing your face won't completely get rid of your acne unless your a dirty ****. 90% of people get acne because of genetics, and you just need to wait for it to go away.

So you have acne, just like every other person on the planet at some point or another. what happened to FML? they all suck lately.

Agreed. Obviously you knew you had acne which led to you buying the ointment. It's not exactly a sudden shock.

eat less greasy foods/lollies and you won't have to put up your pathetics attemps of FML's

Greasy and sugary foods have a very low effect on acne. it's mainly genetics and stress levels

The grease only affects you when you get it on your face. If it goes in your mouth, it's fine. And sort of disgusting.

well you don' really need to rub the chips on your face, if you ate them with your fingers and then scratch your face with greasy fingers than that also would do the trick. But the main cause of acne is indeed genetics and puberty.

the reason people associate that stuff with food is because when most people are stressed, they eat. and stress causes acne. chocolate is a myth too. eat whatever you want, just drink lots of water and calm your stress somehow

That doesnt work for everyone... sunlight helps sure but you can have a very bad case and then you should look into medicines (to the OP) there's stuff like roacutane that really helps (at least it did for me). If you have health insurance it should be covered, IDK how that works in USA but for me it was covered completely and now im completely rid of it.

froggi_fml 0

hm I feel ur pain :/ have u tried benzaclin?? that stuff works pretty well.

that's just gross. I'm glad I never had to deal with acne. ...seems like a genetic defect to me. my assumption....always stay clean and never touch your face!

nah, I said that it SEEMS like a genetic defect to me. kinda like the folks who get asthma or chronic headaches. but since I'm not 100% positive about that, my best suggestion would be to keep clean and not touch your face. just like how people who get lots of headaches can pop a tylenol and some asthma sufferers can get relief from marijuana/salvia smoke...

DareToDream7 0

What the hell are you talking about? You don't know shit about anything. I have astham and smoking ANYTHING is probably the worst thing to do. I've gotten asthma attacks from being near someone who was smoking. Asthma makes you unable to breath, so why the hell would you destroy your lungs with smoke, dipshit? You use your inhaler when you have asthma, it opens up your lungs. Don't say shit like that when you don't know what you're talking about. Oh, and acne, keeping your face clean and not touching it doesn't prevent acne, its genetic. My mom had cystic acne so I have cystic acne. I don't have oily or "dirty" skin, in fact I have dry skin. But its oily underneath so that's what causes it. I wash my face at LEAST twice a day, and only touch it to apply moisturizer, acne medication, and the likes. So please, don't talk about stuff you don't know, you just make yourself sound like an idiot.

But not touching your face and keeping it clean does prevent acne.

Meh, at least it's just on your face.

matt1337c 0

^True. For your sake op I hope it is, otherwise fyl even more.

@16 I mean but @17 if you are talking to me then also true and thank you :)

Anonnamus 0

Today, I bought a hemmorhoid cream. The directions stated, "apply to affected area." This included my entire ass. FML What an interesting FML.

anti_average 5

If I get in trouble for laughing too loud in this library I'm going to be very angry with you. XD

Your entire ass has hemorrhoids? I'm rather scared, and yet intrigued as to how that would be possible! lmfao

Anonnamus 0

It was because of the "massive dump" I took yesterday, which is mentioned in a previous FML.

koko1718 0
snake_Girl85 0

Actually, I tried proactiv for a few months before my wedding, the stuff is crap. At least to me. I had a horrible reaction to it. You're supposed to use it twice a day, but I could only use it every other day to keep my face from peeling. The "repairing lotion" would make my face rashy and painful if I used it 2 days in a row... I'm sure the stuff works for some people, but claiming it works great for sensitive skin is bullshit. FYI OP, the main ingredient in ProActiv is benzyl peroxide. You can get tubes of it in stronger concentrations at Walmart for a fraction of the price. Ironically I can use it (sparingly) and not react as badly as I did to ProActiv... end of public service announcement. I'll shut up now.