By leopard - 01/06/2018 19:00

Today, I was finally confident enough to buzz half my hair off into the style I've wanted since I was young. Turns out that I have a particularly large and angry-looking skin problem across my scalp that may well have been there for years. It'll take months to grow back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 403
You deserved it 844

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least now you'll be able to figure out what the problem is and properly take care of it before your hair grows back

Unless the problem is less of a "problem" and more of, oh, say a birth mark. I have a relative who just under their hair, at the top of their neck, has a kind of strawberry marking that doctors said is nothing, just a natural marking on the skin. If the OP has not actually noticed a problem, has not felt any kind of rash or pain on that area which apparently could have been there for years, it is entirely possible that the "large and angry-looking skin problem" is simply that they have naturally red, bumpy skin there or something similar but not harmful.

Comments

manb91uk 22

Well at least you know now! Don't do it again!

At least now you'll be able to figure out what the problem is and properly take care of it before your hair grows back

Unless the problem is less of a "problem" and more of, oh, say a birth mark. I have a relative who just under their hair, at the top of their neck, has a kind of strawberry marking that doctors said is nothing, just a natural marking on the skin. If the OP has not actually noticed a problem, has not felt any kind of rash or pain on that area which apparently could have been there for years, it is entirely possible that the "large and angry-looking skin problem" is simply that they have naturally red, bumpy skin there or something similar but not harmful.

There's a great saying that'll boost your morale, "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going" ..keep it up OP you'll be fine :)

When your hair grows back, you won’t be able to see your skin problem, so it will effectively be cured! Out of sight, out of mind, I always say.

Lobby_Bee 17

Spray paint your scalp to match your hair. Done..

thatslifeiguess7 16

Can't you go to a doctor to get the rash fixed?

That's assuming it is a rash which is unlikely if the OP has probably had it for years. It could be something like a port wine stain which is generally considered a skin problem because it is red skin discoloration but is not curable in the way a rash would be.

Why not just deal with the skin problem and you can keep the haircut? If you know how to treat it it's usually easy to fix.

Because the skin problem may not be something that could be fixed easily. Port wine stains, for example, can maybe be fixed but the process is not simple and could cost an insane amount.

doodlesmcnoodles 18

It'll take months? Mine took a month to grow an inch.. and yes, it was shaved down to stubble.

Ummm, maybe a good time to see a doctor and/or dermatologist to *Treat* the problem instead of just covering it up.. like alcoholism... or maybe sex addiction... I don't know your life story.