By Shep - 31/08/2018 13:00

Today, while sleeping as soundly as I could on a plastic mattress, the night shift nurse in the psych ward woke me up in the middle of the night so that I could take my sleeping pill, which was prescribed as "if needed". FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 154
You deserved it 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lots of new nurses are so nervous when they start that they do their best to follow protocol. Unfortunately, they forget to do the same with common sense. Typically, they get better with time but not always.

Comments

Lots of new nurses are so nervous when they start that they do their best to follow protocol. Unfortunately, they forget to do the same with common sense. Typically, they get better with time but not always.

Well technically...you were awake when she administered it to you..

Yup that's hospitals for ya just cause they fix you doesn't mean your getting any rest, Everytime I've been in one I had to get out of there because I couldn't ever rest with all the noise , bright rooms and nurses walking in and out of room constantly how do they expect you to rest at all🙄😤

well usually if your in a hospital you are there for treatment not rest.

my_way_1213 12
tounces7 27

Part of the body healing itself involves getting rest, which is generally very necessary if you've had an operation or anything else that you'd be staying overnight in a hospital for.

Dustin Allen-Duwayne Lakey 16

You got to keep your phone? Those bastards took everything from me when I was in...even playing cards.

All FMLs have to follow the "Today, " format, but a lot of them are posted days/weeks/months/years after they actually occurred.

tounces7 27

....she woke you up....to give you a sleeping pill. I mean....I fear for other patients if she lacks common sense to that degree.

"But if we don't give you this, you might not sleep. Not sleeping leads to crazy, and we don't want that, right?"

What kind of psych ward allowed you to keep your phone so you could post this? They take EVERYTHING personal upon admission.