By Anonymous - 25/03/2013 21:53 - Netherlands - Drachten

Today, I was yelled at by a customer because I wouldn't give her a new iPhone 5 for free to replace her broken Nokia, which she threw out the window in "blind rage". I felt awful having to thank her for calling. Sadly, this is a daily event. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 759
You deserved it 2 692

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm confused... Why would she need a new phone? Her Nokia should be fine...

Comments

Nice to know I have more sense than Op's customer: I dropped and broke my iphone last week, but i didn't demand a free replacement. I simply went in and bought a nokia to replace it, accepting it was my own damn fault. :p Hoping this new phone is as tough as they claim...

I dunno... If that lady is strong enough to break a Nokia, OP should probably give her the iPhone. There's no telling what she's capable of doing to him with that strength.

1, it is a nasty profession to be in. I was a manager at two Cingular/AT&T stores. I had people coming in, throwing their phones at me. I'd duck and their phones would break against the wall. Luckily, the main store had the owners in the back, so they knew I wasn't being rude to the customers. I don't know what it is, cell phones and their customers can cause some serious rage. I'm glad OP is on the phone, instead of having to see them in person. It still sucks being yelled at for something OP didn't do wrong, on the daily.

Nokia is Chuck Norris of phones. One time my friend tried to break his nokia by crushing it beneath a bulldozer. Yeah the bulldozer brokedown.

That's horrible! People are so stupid these days. Got no manners.

AssassinBug 15

Haven't you heard about the new phones? You can throw things through the line.

Wow, I derped. Although the Nokia brick can bend the laws of time and space with sheer impenetrability, so maybe she could throw it down the phone and have it hit the other person.

people are crazy, that is a well known fact. if this happens every day, you should definitely take a more philosophical, zen-like approach to getting yelled at for ridiculous reasons :)

That must be hard to handle, considering you HAVE to help them, I don't know how you took it, I would have hung up halfway in.

iLike2Teabag 27

You would be a terrible customer service rep..

You would also most likely be unemployed!

I agree that that would be awful service but nobody (under reasonable guidelines) should be so ridiculous and unwilling to be helped.

ElementaryEdGuy 18

Uhh...fake. Nokias can't break.

Did the nokia break the window? or was it already open?

That sucks. Customers are not very easy to deal with, and they are wrong in most of the situations (like this one). I had to work with customers many times, so I know what I'm talking about. If I were you, I would find a less stressing job as soon as possible.

zombieslayer83 19

Don't feel awful. She's a stupid bitch!

I think she felt awful because she HAD to say thank you for calling, even though she didn't want to. O.o

I'm confused... Why would she need a new phone? Her Nokia should be fine...

"Broken Nokia" seems like an oxymoron, doesn't it?

i work in customer service too, it's not for everyone

bamagrl410 31

Sometimes customers can be very... insistent... that they're right before checking all their facts. And there's no easy way to politely or subtly correct them. Ugh.