By SeeingGreen - 08/05/2017 02:00 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, my ex popped up as someone I might know as Instagram, complete with his workout photos. My fiance is mad at me for showing these to my family, even though the consensus is that my ex looks like a condom stuffed with marbles. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 559
You deserved it 1 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sallyisadog 12

I don't blame him personally for getting upset. Isn't there a saying that states if you still bash on your ex it means you're really not over them? Ex's should be an irrelevant subject if you're trying to respect your new relationship.. that's just my honest opinion tho.

I can see how your fiancé would be angry that you're paying attention to your ex. To make lemonade out of lemons, why not suggest he stuff his condom with marbles and give you a wild ride? Great visual!!'

Comments

Yeah. Now he knows what he can look forward to if his photos show up in your feed after you break up. Looks like he got a glimpse of the kind of people you and your family are...

Well hopefully her current looks better than a condom stuffed with marbles. side note: There's a mental image.

What, completely normal people? Yeah, that must be so crushing.

Sallyisadog 12

I don't blame him personally for getting upset. Isn't there a saying that states if you still bash on your ex it means you're really not over them? Ex's should be an irrelevant subject if you're trying to respect your new relationship.. that's just my honest opinion tho.

I can see how your fiancé would be angry that you're paying attention to your ex. To make lemonade out of lemons, why not suggest he stuff his condom with marbles and give you a wild ride? Great visual!!'

Yeah, he's being a bit silly, OP. But cut him some slack. Sometimes guys find that kind of body intimidating, even if most people don't think it attractive at all.

Randomness911 12

If your family comes up with descriptions like that, I would love to hear the dinner conversations. At least you have an awesome family OP. Tell ur fiancé to loosen up.

Right? Sounds fun as long as you're on their good side!

Somegirlyoumightknow 3

I would have to take your fiancé's side on this one. Making fun of people in general especially when they are trying to better themselves is rude. Also, when you bring up a past interest it can make your current partner uncomfortable and insecure about themselves and their relevance to you in terms of the relationship. Try being a little more sensitive to others OP....

I mean, if you're dissing him and your fiance is still mad at you for showing your family, there's something wrong there. But also, you're a dick because he is your ex and he's obviously trying to better himself and you're still making fun of him. Grow up.

Yeah, I think a lot of people would be at least quite uncomfortable that their fiance cared enough about their ex's existence to go to the trouble of showing multiple people photos of them. I know I'd be angry, considering my fiance's history with his ex, and he knows how I've felt about her.

Lucky O'Guin 18

Honestly, the first thing you should have done is delete or block him. Why would you show this to your family anyway? Were you trying to make your fiancee jealous, piss him off, or just being an insensitive witch?

Druu 53

"Oh man, I HATE it when it's dad's turn to choose what we do for family game night. We're stuffing condoms full of marbles again, aren't we?"