By Anonymous - 23/02/2011 16:04 - United States

Today, I had to spend all of my money on textbooks even though my refrigerator is empty. Starving and frustrated, I called home to ask for money for groceries. My mom told me I could afford to skip a few meals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 563
You deserved it 5 928

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FajitaFreak 3

Your mom and dad brought you into this world. I don't understand the mentality that they don't owe you anything. Yes, you are sentient and capable of taking care of yourself most of the time, but everyone needs help now and again. You would not exist if not for your parents, which is a good thing when things are good in life, but ******* horrible when things go wrong. I've been homeless and starving and without hope. It's not something I'd wish on my worse enemy.

Comments

*In Cartman voice* But mmmooooooooom.. Give me some cheesy poofs!

hey, i only get 10 bucks a week, suck it up

Please, get a ******* dictionary if you're going to correct someone. Donka.

boatkicker 4

The amount provided varies by state and by how close to their limit (which also varied) you are. Was on it last year. Made about $740, only received $20/month. OP, check out food pantries in your area too. It takes a a few weeks for SNAP to kick in, but food pantries can usually get food into your fridge that day.

I went to college, and now work at one. You don't NEED To buy textbooks. They keep all the textbooks needed for each semester in the LIBRARY. USE IT. Make copies. Get a STUDENT WORKER job. I NEVER asked my parents for $$ College is for big boys and girls. not mama's boys and daddy's girls

boatkicker 4

The library at the school I go to doesn't have any of my textbooks. I did do this at the school I went to last year though, before I transferred. Ah well.

applejane 3

first find a local food bank. then get a job. not to be tough love or anything, but here's some good advice.

Maybe you can donate plasma. It pays about $15 a time, enough to feed ya for a week. MMm plasma.

Where do you live that $15 feeds you for a week? Even eating Top Ramen for every meal would cost close to $20 a week. And where I live, $15 can barely feed you for one meal, let alone a day!

tjv3 10

GET A JOB, become self sufficient, take care of yourself. take some responsibility the last 4 FMLs prove what is wrong with this world. people won't take responsibility for themselves

I'll repeat what I said to an earlier comment, why do you assume she doesn't have a job? It's possible that she does have one, but if you only make $300-$400 a paycheck and have $500 dollars worth of text books to buy than your still screwed.

kornhead09 0